Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive Title not working for Query Filter results

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guyA-2 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Incorrect-Archive-Title.jpg

I am trying to: Get the "Archive Title" to show at the top of a Archive Results page. Using the following shortcode : [wpv-archive-title]
The Archive has a Location Drop Down filter (built suing a Filter and Query) and bunch of other standard Taxonomy Views in the right hand column. All the other Taxonomy Views cause the Archive Title to change and reflect the selected category. But the Location Drop Down Filter does not.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The Archive Title at the top to read "Location: Glasgow"

Instead, I got: The Archive Title at the top still saying "Trainings"

Can you advise?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Guy,

Thank you for contacting our support forum. The reason for this is that it is the Trainings archive.

In order for the location to show up you will need to so something like this.

[wpv-archive-title] : [wpv-search-term param='location']

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

03-Training archive-CPD Course.png
02-Training archive-Location.png
01-Training archive-.png

Great, that has got the Location Result displaying next to the Title. Thanks!
Only thing is that the Archive title still says "Trainings" rather than adopting the taxonomy name "Training Locations" like to does for all the other taxonomies.

See screen grabs attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Guy,

The reason why the word Training is there is because of the Archive it is being used on. Your search is on the Trainings archive so thats why it is displaying Trainings. Even if you search for GLASGOW the archive is still the Trainings archive .

Is this a Taxonomy Archive or A CPT archive ? If it is a CPT Archive it would be a case where you named your CPT Trainings and the taxonomy Is Trainings Location. You can resolve this by using the wpv-conditional shortcode to check the text of the title and if it is Trainings then you simply hardcode the text Locations beside it.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Great! that worked like a treat. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.