Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive template not fitting on page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ellenB 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
SCWSD-news-feed-overlap.png

I created a custom Archive template using Toolset and when the page loads, the content (list of blog posts) overruns the bounds of the content element and overlaps the footer.

I feel like I've run into this problem before and it is related to the order that everything is getting loaded - i.e. the page loads and then the feed loads and by the time the feed loads, the content element has already been sized for a smaller set of content. If I resize the browser down to mobile size and then back up to desktop, the content element is large enough to contain the feed.

I have not been able to find any documentation related to my problem.

The affected page is hidden link

Can you help me with this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Perhaps what you can try doing is to recreate this page using our Toolset Blocks plugin as our Layouts plugin is now considered as Legacy.

If you recreate this page with our blocks custom archives and the issue still remains please let me know and I can have a deeper look for you.

It should be noted that blocks provides a bit more flexibility and functionality than our Layouts plugin and you can expect more frequent updates by switching to using Blocks.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for your response, Shane. I recreated the archive in Toolset Blocks and am still seeing the same issue.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ellen,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can have a look at this in further detail.

I believe I had a customer previously with a similar issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ellen,

It seems this issue is more related to the theme, however I would need to take a copy of your site for further testing here locally.

Would it be ok to install the duplicator plugin to grab the copy of the site ?

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, that would be fine. I've installed the Duplicator plugin.

Thank you for your help on this!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ellen,

I have some good news.

I was able to resolve the issue by updating your parent theme and then switching to it. Then switching back to your child theme.

Please try this and let me know if the same results occur for you.

On my end the content is no longer overlapping the footer.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I did the same on my end (updated parent theme, activated parent theme, re-activated child theme) and am still seeing the issue. Were there any other settings or adjustments you made on your end?

Ellen

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ellen,

I logged in again and tried the same procedure on your site and the issue is no longer appearing.

Can you check again on your end and let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

It is working - thank you so much, Shane!

Hi again,

I logged in and started working on the site (deleted a couple of widgets and removed a couple lines of css) and the News page is displaying wonky again.

I checked it in incognito on a different browser and am still seeing that it reverted to the overlap again. Is that what you are seeing on your end?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ellen,

Not sure what exactly is causing this issue but this is the only theme that the issue is on.

I would recommend getting in touch with the theme author for them to have a look at this for you.

This theme was perhaps not built to handle dynamically loaded content. As you can see it was working fine before you made any changes to the widget.

Thanks,
Shane

I will follow up with the theme developer. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.