Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive template isn't displayed on shop page anymore

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi,

For some reason, the archive template on this site won't display on the shop page anymore. It does still work on the product category pages.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Could we get your debug info please?

hidden link

Sure. You can have an admin login as well.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

For some reason you are using an outdated version of the WooCommerce Views/Blocks plugin (version 2.7.8, current version is 3.1).

Could you first update to the current version and see if you still experience a problem.

If you do could you try disabling all plugins except for Types, Views, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Blocks and testing again to rule out conflicts.

If you still see the problem, does switching theme to twentytwentyone fix it?

Updating doesn't help, and neither does disabling all other plugins. Switching tot TwentyTwentyOne DOES fix the problem, but switching to the default latest version of Divi and deleting my custom CSS doesn't.

I have no idea what caused this, the client says he just added a few products and then it stopped working... the site has worked for years without a problem before that, and has been updated once per month.

I have tried to rebuilt the layout in blocks, which does work, but I can't get things like the product categories display as nice.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Please allow me temporary access to check your website closely. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

I noticed that you were using an old version of Toolset WooCommerce integration even if you installed the latest version. Check this screenshot hidden link
I changed it but it did not help, the shop page is still not using the Toolset archive template.

I tried on a clean install and the issue was not reproduced. Check it here hidden link

I suspect one of the following:
- A compatibility conflict with another plugin.
- A Divi settings. I can't really tell.
- Or a data consistency.

About compatibility conflict, I wonder what results do you get when you deactivate all plugins but you still use your Divi child theme, or the Divi parent theme?

Otherwise, I'll need to take a copy of your website and debug it locally. Let me know if that's fine with you!

Hi Jamal,

As I said on May 28, 2021 at 2:35 pm, it's not a plugin conflict, it's a conflict with Divi. This site is built with the legacy Toolset Views plugin, not with Toolset blocks yet.

Sure, you can make a copy to debug locally, no problem.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you! I took a copy and worked on it locally, but I could not fix it or find out the cause of the issue. Let me escalate it to our 2nd Tier for further debugging and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sure, thanks 🙂

Jamal
Supporter

It turns out to be an issue with Divi instead of Toolset. Even when Toolset plugins are deactivated the shop page still generates an empty page. The issue is caused by using Divi editor to edit the shop page. Check this screenshot hidden link

Returning the page to be edited by the normal editor fixes the problem without Toolset, and therefore with Toolset. hidden link

Please check now and let me know if everything is working back as expected.

Hi Jamal,

Ah, apparently the client activated the Divi builder on the shop page to edit something, but since the Divi builder wasn't used to build that page, that didn't work. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.