Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive Search Text Search not recognizing product skus and other metadata

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to search for products using the SKU

Solution:
Toolset does not have its own search mechanism, it relies on the default WordPress search. The default WordPress search uses only the title and the description. If you want to include custom fields(SKU) in the search, you must use the Relevanssi plugin. Check our article about it here

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/searching-texts-in-custom-fields-with-toolset-and-relevanssi/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kennethK-4 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Use the toolset archive search to include a text search box that the customer could use to search 100s of products and show results by sku content, title content, or other content (tags, categories, etc..) I have the filters setup for searching by category, tags, custom fields, but now I need a general text search available that both reference titles of products or sku...I can only get the text search to recognize titles.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

Toolset does not have its own search mechanism, it relies on the default WordPress search. The default WordPress search uses only the title and the description. If you want to include custom fields(SKU) in the search, you must use the Relevanssi plugin. Check our article about it here https://toolset.com/course-lesson/searching-texts-in-custom-fields-with-toolset-and-relevanssi/

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Perfect. This worked well. Was not aware that the search uses the default wp search database. Relevanssi did the trick.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.