Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Apply third party filters to the output – is the default setting

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 21.32.53.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 21.29.03.png
apply third party filters.png

I am trying to:
add a single field... custom field
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
normal output - not filtered
Instead, I got:
extraneous sugar calendar mal-formatted content

I saw this issue on a soon to be live site and built this one to find the issue. It took hours to get to an understanding - the workaround is to choose field settings of Do not apply third party filters... - or is that the fix ? the problem is the default setting applies third party filters... which makes no sense in light of this outcome

Also... changing the setting in one single field should not (I imagine) cause the same content to disappear from an earlier single field block.... so it feels like a bug to me

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please tell me what kind of field you are trying to display currently? Are you displaying the single field or multiline filed or WYSIWYG field?

If you are using the the field that has simple content I suggest you should go and select the option " Do not apply third party filters" as obviously that is not required.

Hi Minesh,

In this case is WYSIWYG but that's not the point..

Maybe I explained badly ---

I explained at length that Do not apply third party filters... works as a workaround BUT I raised a ticket because the ​default option when adding a toolset single field for a toolset WYSIWYG field has an illogical field setting of "Apply third party filters to output" which not only does not work it breaks another toolset single field block - which I showed in the screenshots.

and also supplied login details and a Duplicator package.

IMO the default field needs to change and in any case it should not break an unrelated block.

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

I got your concern and for that to change the default option for the WYSIWYG field to "Do not apply third party filters." I suggest you raise a feature request and our product manager will review it.
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

thanks; I will do that but I still think there is a bug here; although it might merely be a conflict with sugar calendar; I will investigate and update

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - please let us know if you find anything that requires further investigation from this end.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.