Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Any search paramaters with square brackets [] are not being filtered in results

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to use Views for a custom search using a combination of custom fields, taxonomies and categories.

Problem: It is not filtering anything where the URL parameters use square brackets

This is the search page before a search:
hidden link

And after a search:
hidden link

wpv-collections-tag[]=courts is having no effect on the filtered results

I have searched for a solution for a few hours to no avail.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

I believe there may be something wrong with the view itself.

Would you mind providing me with admin access so that I can check on this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

Could you try removing all your filters and adding them back with no modifications just leaving the default options for the fields to the filter section?

I would like to know if the defaults work as intended.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.