Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Any hopes to getting email verification on the roadmap at Toolset?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

The toolset is a solid product but I am surprised you don't have email verification built-in the CRED forms.

There are a lot of tickets already where people have asked for this feature - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-implement-email-verification-in-user-registration-3/

Is this on your roadmap or I need to use hacky stuff to make it work? I would hate to add another plugin for just email verification. Are there any custom code workarounds to make this work with another plugin?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unforutnately you will need to use a 3rd party plugin in order to achieve this functionality. One such plugin that you can use is the following.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-verification/

This should be able to send an email to the user for them to verify before they can be allowed to access the site.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

The support team is great but this makes me disappointed.

Whoever runs the product roadmap at Toolset needs to know that this is something the users expect from a good plugin make like Toolset. Everything until now has been almost steller from your company but not having this feature is just surprizing.

If you are offering user forms as a separate category in CRED then paid customers like me will expect you to have this basic feature in the product. This might not be on your roadmap but this verification feature would 'delight' your customers and make them really happy. If you follow the Kano model of product management, this one is a table-stakes feature that looks like an eye sour when it is not available. Based on who others have responded on threads and my own experience, it hurts you more to not have this feature than having it and deviating somewhat from what you consider as 'not being a user management product'.

The issue is not resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.