Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ancestors argument error

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by bonnieB 4 years, 1 month ago.

Author

A view that never had a problem before just started showing this error: "The ancestors argument does not end with a valid post that is related for the returned post types on this View."

I think it's from when I changed the name of a post type -- but I'm not sure what should be used here instead.

I tried changing it to the new name and got "The ancestor_type argument refers to a post type that is not included in the relationship tree." instead.

How do I figure out what to put in this line here?
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="Select a school here." ancestor_type="colleges"]

Instead of "colleges" -- the new post type has a slug of "member-schools" but that didn't work.

(It's a complex site that was designed a while ago -- I can't do a major update to migrate to the new relationships at this time if that's what's involved, so direction on how to fix this legacy setup would be appreciated.)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! (I went into Edit Filter for the View and was able to choose the appropriate Post Relationship from the dropdown.)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.