Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow guests to edit CRED form

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Access post settings.png
Access form settings.png

Hi,
I have a custom post type - Comparison posts, and a CRED Edit form for this post - WPS comparison post vote. I want to display my form to guests, but it is not appearing. It works fine for logged in users, but for guests no form is displayed.

In Access, I have allow Guests to "Edit others Custom posts", and "Edit own custom posts" for the form. So that looks fine.

I have set 'Comparison posts' to be 'Managed by access' but there is no options to allow Guests to 'Edit any' or to 'Edit own' - the option is greyed out and displays the tip 'This option doesn't work for Guests'. This does not seems to match the options available for the form (i.e. allowing guests).

I have tried setting 'Comparison posts' NOT to be 'Managed by access', but the result is the same.

So how do I allow guests to see and use my edit form?

I've attached screen shots of the access pages.
I am using latest versions of everything and I have tried disabling all plugins except for the Toolset suite.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Edit CRED edit form is not allowed to Guests users and this is by design. The reason behind this is because of CRED edit form settings guest is not in the list of allowed roles.

Hi Minesh,
That is not an answer.

The Access settings clearly allow me to set Guest access for my edit forms - the fact that I cannot give guest access to the post is a contradiction.

There is no reason why I should not be able to set Guest access for CRED forms.

Could you please look into this as a problem?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - sure.
Please allow me to consult our developers and I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Minesh
Supporter

Our developers provided the hotfix in order to fix this issue and they publish the following errata page.
=> https://toolset.com/errata/issue-access-guest-permissions-edit-forms/

Please follow the guidelines given with the above link and try to resolve your issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.