Skip Navigation

[Resolved] All your Pages are 404ing

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by benjaminJ-3 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need help visiting your support pages like:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-need-to-adjust-a-query-filter-to-test-if-a-custom-field-is-not-set/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-custom-query-for-views-sorting-to-toolset/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-use-wpv_filter_query/

They are all 404ing for me and I really need to know how to filter by meta_query

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

To keep content in the forums more current posts older than 5 years have been deleted, and posts older than 2 years have been deleted.

If you are arriving at these links via Google it will probably take a few weeks for the links to disappear from the Google index.

At the moment if you arrive at an archived post it will show a 404, but we have an update to our system coming soon where this will be replaced with an explanatory note and a button to request unarchiving a particular thread.

In the meantime, do you have a specific question we can help you with?

Oh my, that is horrible... you guys really want us developers to suffer? First, the useless blocks "editing" and now this. I can't even explain how badly this hurts. My team references all those old posts every single work day. Your API is so good and convenient I can't believe you guys don't see the value in supporting it. I get that you are "no PHP" but why don't you value your API? It's better than what ACF offers. Anyways I digress. Please ask your manager to consider not making us suffer like this and let me know what they say.

In the meantime, I'll be submitting requests for help on 100's of questions that have already been answered. And without the older support tickets, it's going to even be hard for me to know exactly what to ask. This is scarrrryyyy.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about this. The most we can do is to unarchive some of the threads between 2-4 years old when requested.

We will have to essentially revisit the issues when they come up in the forum and provide an up to date solution that reflects how Toolset currently is rather than relying on the old methods because functions and hooks may have changed or removed during subsequent updates of our plugins.

Thanks,
Shane

You guys have totally crippled me by taking away all of the documentation. How many people are actually using toolset legacy views and the API? Am I going to have to rebuild the entire database of knowledge by myself? I really need to know because with all of this extra work and inability to work efficiently I need to weigh moving our entire team over to Advanced Custom Fields because they don't hide their documentation and the learning curve to move over there may be less than work than rebuilding your database of answers that already exist.

Thank you for all your help but I can't afford to wait on replies from your team every day for the next 5-6 months while I rebuild your database of questions that have already been answered. If there are a ton of other people helping me ask all the questions that have already been answered then it will make my job a lot easier. But if I'm going to be one of the only people asking it's too big of a task for me.

-Best Regards and thank you for helping make this very critical decision for our company.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Benjamin,

I have some great news. I've received word that we are reverting this system.

Also the older tickets will be available as soon as the systems team restores the database backup for the old threads.

So you should be able to find these tickets once again.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank God, I really did not want to move over to ACF if I didn't have to. I hope your team continues to value your API you could really gain a lot of new members if developers like me knew how many benefits and time savings it provides over ACF.

I will do my best to report any old threads I see that are outdated and submit new tickets to give a better new answer. Maybe you guys can shut them down one by one like that with all of our help overtime.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.