Skip Navigation

[Resolved] All WordPress Archives Link to hidden link

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MichelleM5160 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
screenshot - layout of an archive with faulty links.jpg
screenshot - wordpress archive creation page.jpg

I am trying to: create archive pages with Layouts for my custom post types e.g. Member Profile . I have used the Classifieds reference site as a base for my project

I visited this URL: mysite.com/member-profile/

I expected to see: An archive of all my member profiles

Instead, I got: the WooCommerce shop page

This is happening on both new archives that I create and the ones that were shipped with Classifieds e.g. the Listing archive.

If I go to WordPress Archives and add new then use the link to preview the archive from the list of CPTs then it works fine, but as soon as the archive is embedded in a Layout everything goes wrong

The Layout screen shows 'This layout is used for these loops:' and lists the archive name(s) but when you hover over the archive, the link that is attached to it is mysite.com/shop/ not mysite.com/my-archive/

So it looks like there's a bug in Layouts somewhere

I think there is a conflict with your Archives.

Please try this:

1. Create a Layout

2. Add a Cell (archive cell)

3. Create a new WordPress archive, do not reuse a old one

4. Insert the Cell

5. Assign the layout to your desired Archives.

This should work.

Let me know the results.

Hi Beda

I followed the steps you described and created a completely new Layout and completely new WordPress Archive, left all the settings as defaults. I then assigned the Layout to my Custom Post Archive 'Member Profiles' then clicked on the 'Preview layout button'

But the problem is exactly the same - I end up at the shop page. And when hovering over the link to my archive in the 'change how this layout is used' bit it says 'hidden link' not 'hidden link'

Looks like something has got very tangled up deep down in the website 🙁

Yes, this seems due to your install, as on my local tests, this worked fine.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Layouts Edit Screen

But where in that layout is an Archive Cell?

I do not see any?

From your previous screenshot, it seems a different layout that you passed me in above link.

I just added a new one, complete with Cell.
And as you say, the preview redirects to the Shop.
That's wrong, and not happening locally.

Anyway the layout IS assigned correctly, and the archive works:
hidden link

But, the preview Links are wrong.

Since I can not replicate this in a fresh WordPress Install using our Plugins only, I got to ask if:

1. Does the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

2. Can you replicate this issue elsewhere, without an Exported/imported Framework site?

Maybe something went wrong during the setup of your site.

Otherwise, I will need to debug this further and to do so the best is (also for you, so you can go on with development) to have a Site's Copy-

I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

I can confirm the issue, but I can not see why this it happens on your end.

I tried changing the theme to Twenty Sixteen and deactivating all plugins apart from the Toolset ones.

Everything worked fine. I was able to create a new Layout, insert an archive cell and then associate the layout with my Member Profiles archive. When hovering over the link at the bottom, the URL showed correctly and when I clicked on the Preview layout button I got my Member Profiles archive page.

Given that the fault involved the Shop page, I thought I would reactivate the WooCommerce plugin first and see what happened.

I returned to my new test archive and immediately the URL had changed from /member-profiles to /shop

So it appears there is some sort of error coming in from the WooCommerce plugin. I tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling it but this didn't fix.

I created a new site on a different domain but wasn't able to recreate the problem so I can only assume that something has gone awry in all the resets and rebuilds I have been doing trying to get to grips with Classifieds. I know that at one point the Classifieds framework installer was insisting on an older version of WooCommerce and then at some point over the last few days insisted that I go to the current version. Perhaps the anomaly crept in there.

I think the best thing I can do is document all the tweaks and custom CSS etc that I've created then 'rip it up and start again' as the song goes 🙁

Thanks for you help in exploring the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.