Skip Navigation

[Resolved] AJAX Parametric Search stopped working.

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Daniel Winnard 8 years ago.

Author

Hi,

I have set up a Parametric search at the following address.

hidden link

The parametric search is set to "AJAX results update when visitors click on the search button"

The parametric filter has a select box containing different locations, a search button and a reset button named "ALL SHOWS".

Initially I created a page call TEST which worked perfectly. When I searched for a show, the AJAX updated the filter and displayed the relevant results. When I click the reset button all the results came back. Perfect.

So I deleted the test page, and copied the shortcode for the view into the live page.

Since doing this the AJAX has stopped working. It now refreshes the page rather than the AJAX loading the results without refreshing.

Also the reset button no longer works. When clicked it takes me to the 404 page and adds the following in the URL bar.

hidden link

The only thing I have changed is the styling of the filter view, to make it more aesthetically pleasing for the user.

Here is the filter code.

<div class="row search-filter">
<div class="container">
<div class="threecol title-shows">
	<h2 class="parametric-search-title">
	<span>Search for</span><br />Wedding Shows
	</h2>
</div>
<div class="sixcol">
[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]

<p>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"][/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="event-location" url_param="event-location" type="select" auto_fill_default="Select" auto_fill="wpcf-event-location" auto_fill_sort="asc"]</p>
</div>
<div class="threecol last submit-filter">
	<p>[wpv-filter-submit name="SEARCH" class="rtd-btn" type="button"]
  	   [wpv-filter-reset reset_label="ALL SHOWS" class="rtd-btn" type="button"]
  	</p>

</div>
[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]
</div>
</div>

Now to debug I have removed all my HTML out of the filter and it works as expected.

Can somebody look at the above filter and explain to me why, when this HTML code is in the AJAX stops working?

Thanks for the continued support

Dan

I put the filter controls and filter start and end outside of all the HTML and it is now working as expected.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.