Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ajax loader on result view

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to put a loader (like for filters) in the result view when it is generated in ajax

Solution:
You can create your own loader and use the view's Javascript events to hide/show it:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_started', function( event, data ) {
     jQuery('#my-loader').show();
});

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
     jQuery('#my-loader').hide();
});
// For pagination too
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
});

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/adding-custom-javascript-code-to-views-that-use-ajax/

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello,
is it possible to put a loader (like for filters) in the result view when it is generated in ajax ?

Thanks in advance,
have a good day

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well, that's possible, but it is not an option that you can select on the view's setting. It will require custom Javascript code.

We add the AJAX loader during the search as an indication for the user that a search is in progress, and also to block him from choosing another filter while the search is still in progress.

Toolset Views trigger different Javascript events during their lifecycle. You can start your AJAX loader when the search starts and stop it when the search completes. You can read about it in this article https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/adding-custom-javascript-code-to-views-that-use-ajax/

If you are using Blocks to build the view, the events button does not exist there yet. These are all the views events that you can use:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
	* data.effect (string) The View AJAX pagination effect
	* data.speed (integer) The View AJAX pagination speed in miliseconds
	* data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
	*/

});
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_triggered', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.form (object) The jQuery object for the View form
	* data.update_form (bool) Whether the custom search form will be updated
	* data.update_results (bool) Whether the custom search results will be updated
	*/

});
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_started', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	*/

});
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_form_updated', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.view_changed_form (object) The jQuery object for the View form after being updated
	* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_only (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-form-view] shortcode
	* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_full (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-view] shortcode
	*/

});
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
	*/

});

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello,

I don't understand how this code works or in which part I should put it.
Indeed to make the loader, I had created a div in fixed but I can't display it when the search is launched.

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance

Jamal
Supporter

Let's say the div that you created for the loader has an id="my-loader", you can display it and hide it using jQuery's .hide() and .show(). You will show it when the search starts, and hide it when the search completes.

jQuery('#my-loader').show();
});

});

You may also want to use it for pagination too:

});

Does it makes sense?

Otherwise, please provide more details. A URL where we can see the view? The div that you have created? What you have performed so far?

Thank you !
It works.
Have a nice day

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad I could be of any help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.