Skip Navigation

[Resolved] after updating Types plugin all my custom types have dissappeared.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by laurieL 9 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
cap1-rc.jpg

I am trying to: See, Add Types

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: A list of 4 previously created Types

Instead, I got: See Screen Capture (Add Custom Post Type, Add Custom Taxonomy buttons, but no previously created types.)

1. This is a localhost /development installation
2. Custom Types appeared in the admin sidebar
3. I used WordPress update function to update Types
4. I visited the Types Admin screen, Custom Types were not listed.
5. Logged out and back in, Custom Types still appear in sidebar, but not in Types List
6. Deactivated & Reactivated Types Plugin, Custom Types no longer in sidebar.

Where did they go?
Also, cannot see a "Debug" link in the help screen (attached screen cap.)

Any Ideas?

All Types setting is saving in your database, upgrade Types plugin file will not remove the data.

I suggest you try this:

1) Upgrade Types plugin with manually ftp:
https://toolset.com/documentation/installation/
2) If the problem still exists, please find the database dump file before you make the update, if you do not have one, ask help from your web server provider for it. and restore your database back

Thanks for the reply. It turns out I was a moron and was just looking at a similarly named installation. My bad!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.