Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After submitting a form the page is offset up and the top section is gone

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MiquelC1907 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Corrupted socket.png
CRED form.png
Corrupted header.png
Normal Header.png

I've done a user form, composed by 3 user custom fields. (enclosed a screenshot of the form)

After submitting the form, the top section (a bakground header picture which you can see in an enclosed screenshot ) is gone out of the page and I can not see it anymore by scrolling up.

I'm also enclosing ascreenshot with this top section gone out. This screenshot is taken after scroling all the way up. No way to go further up.

I've observed that when the page is reloaded after a submit, this seems to be done in 2 steps:
- First step: The page is loaded and I can see the header is OK for a split second.
- Then (second step): The page automatically scrolls down to where the form is located (further down the page).

At this point, If you manually scroll up, you'll find the top section is already gone. It seems to me like a javascript issue happening during the second step, when the plugin is scrolling down.

As another observation, the socket heigth of the page is also increased, it looks to have increased by the same amount of space that is gone on the top zone. (Enclosed a screenshot of the socket with the increased black background socket area).

When reloading the page (clicking the browser button) the page is loaded correctly, so the dynamic php/html code seems to be right and it points again to a javascript issue.

Let me know if you need furter information or the CRED code to find out what's going on.

Thanks,

Miquel

CRED Should not provoke this

May I ask what is the CRED form set to?
(keep display this form, go to a page, display the post)

Also, is this as well happening when you do not use any other Plugin but Toolset, and a native WordPress theme?

It should not be caused by CRED, as CRED does not generate your Page content but onlythe Form content.

What also must be checked is if you have any JS Errors in your Console while submitting the Form?

And additionally the output of WP Debug can tell us any other Error is proving this unexpected behavior:
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

You mention "CRED Code". Do you use CRED API Code or highly customized CRED Form codes?

In this case I will need to see those. Please use pastebin.com if the code is long.

Thank you

Hi Beda,

Thanks for your answer.

I've followed your advices and as you pointed it might be a theme issue. I'm now investigating it.

The answer to your question above, "What is the CRED form set to?" is: "keep displaying this form".

May I ask you Why were you asking it? . To help us fixing the issue with the theme developer, Does this question provide a clue to fix it?.

Any further advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Miquel

I ask because depending on the setting to perform after the CRED is submitted, different things happen.

I suspected it's "keep displaying this form"

This sometimes causes issues, because the Form is actually still displaying but might be hidden in a Modal or whatsoever. In some cases, mainly when the Modal or PopUp Codes (HTML / JS) are not correct, this can push follow up HTML down or up.

I have had this issues in past.

I solved by removing my code and ensuring a clean Modal or PopUp, and often, it's better to redirect to some page or post, in case you can afford this on your project.

You must also observe, keep displaying the Form usually keeps the Form URL Slug in your Browser bar.

This is not always desired.

Nonetheless, it should be possible to achieve your goal in a satisfying way.

Please let me know it the Theme is the problem here.

I suggest a local copy of your site where you inca play with other themes and setups

You will quickly find out where the problem is.

If this repeats with other themes and no other plugins but CRED/Toolset, please inform me.
I will then probably need to request Access, and see this live on a debuggable Website.

For this I will enable Private reply, in case after all needed and suggested tests, the issue persist.

Please acknowledge that I can not debug a Custom Theme or issues surgeon from other Plugins, therefore I would need a access to a clean basic and minimal site, where the problem is reproduced.

Thank you

Hi Beda,

The issue is fixed by implementing a workaround in the theme. Something was wrong on the footer widgets...

Thanks for all,

Miquel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.