Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot use Framework installer

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When you activate only Types (Stable or Beta), and register it, so to “Download and Install” the FrameWork Installer Plugin with the Commercial Tab, it downloads the plugin successfully, but then changes the spinner to “Activating Toolset Framework Installer”, which never stops spinning.

==> The plugin is downloaded and activated anyway.
If you reload the page or navigate away you should be able to see the plugin active.

Solution:
https://toolset.com/errata/when-downloading-and-installing-the-framework-installer-plugin-with-the-commercial-tab-it-will-never-end-to-spin-the-activate-wheel/

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by TommyW3563 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
2018-04-14_1134.png

I am trying to: install Framework Installer plugin in order to import reference site Classifieds. However the installer doesn't finish. The wheel at the bottom "Activating Toolset Framework Installer" keeps running... I have been waiting for more than 5 min. When clicking on other links in admin, then I get black pages 🙁

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Link to reference sites in Toolset menu.

Instead, I got: black pages.

I replicated the issue with the spinner that does not stop.

But, if I right click on any WordPress Admin Menu item and open that in a new tab, or simply click on it, to load it in the current window, I see the Admin Screen correctly.

Checking, the Framework Installer Plugin is installed and active.
Reloading .../wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=commercial as well shows the Plugin installed and active.

I tried the same steps on your linked site, and it results in an HTTP ERROR 500
This is a generic Error that tells there are other (probably PHP) errors underlying.
Please activate WP Debug and let me know the exact error.
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

As well it would be helpful to have a Copy of this site, so I can help you faster.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

To remove the Framework Installer Plugin, please head first to your FTP and rename the Framework Installer folder in the "wp-content/plugins" folder to something else.
This will remove the Error, and you will need to re-enable the plugin to see it with WP Debug.

I have produced an Erratum for the issue that I was able to replicate:
https://toolset.com/errata/when-downloading-and-installing-the-framework-installer-plugin-with-the-commercial-tab-it-will-never-end-to-spin-the-activate-wheel/

This does not include the E500 issue you mention and I saw on your site.
Please, can you send me above data so we could help you quickly?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/after-activation-of-framework-installer-plugin-then-i-get-black-pages/#post-664762

hidden link is still under E 500.

I am downloading the Duplicator as I type here, and will feedback soon.

hidden link is working now.

I have set config to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

/TW

I was able to log in locally to your duplicated site.

One error appears right up front:

( ! ) Deprecated: __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in .../plugins/mainwp-child/mainwp-child.php on line 39

I removed that plugin to avoid issues from there.

I then got

( ! ) Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in .../plugins/duplicator/ctrls/ctrl.ui.php on line 89

Well, that is one more plugin to disable then - it surprises me that Duplicator has a notice.
Anyway, it's not needed here.

I then deleted the Toolset Framework Installer and registered the duplicate for my own license.
I downloaded and activated the Plugin in the Commercial Tab.

As expected it never stopped spinning at the point of activating the plugin, but navigation away did not produce the same as on your live install (E 500).

The issue is exactly as I reported in the erratum linked in my previous reply.

I re-tried the whole process with the plugin and it leaves me a warning:

Please add this site to your OKEI Support Dashboard NOW or deactivate the OKEI Support plugin until you are ready to connect this site to your Dashboard in order to avoid unexpected security issues.

If you are not sure how to add this site to your Dashboard, please review these instructions.

and of course the PHP error as above.

( ! ) Deprecated: __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in .../plugins/mainwp-child/mainwp-child.php on line 39

However no error 500 happens, no other issue, the problem is only as outlined in the erratum, there is no full break down.

This should hence be an issue with the server.
Please ask the server administrators if they could provide you with a full debug log.
Please then share this with us.

Thank you.

Changing status.

Hi Beda,

Thanks a lot 🙂

.When you wrote server, then I checked the php version, and it was 7.2 due to an earlier attempt to use Avada theme. So I changed it to 7.1 and now it works 🙂

Btw. do you know if Enfold (my favorite theme) is on the way to be integrated with Toolset?

Have a very nice weekend.

Best regards,
Tommy

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.