Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Advise against using Layouts CSS

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gaborG 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

I was happy when you introduced the Layouts CSS menu because it made a lot of things easier. However, the more I used it, the more I realized that it has a problem.

When you write your CSS into Layouts CSS, the site first loads everything on the style.css file, and THEN it loads the layouts css. This means that for a short time (which depends on your internet and computer speed) hidden radiobutton icons can appear before your menu is formatted, anchor texts can appear in their original blue format before they receive their final appearance, etc.

Moving all your CSS from Layouts CSS into the style.css file in Appearance/Editor removes these issues, so I would advise to use that instead.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Gabor

Thanks for your feedback.

I am not entirely sure we can or should be modifying the theme styles.css file, but I see your point about the loading problem for custom CSS. I am creating a ticket for our Layouts developers about this issue, and they will evaluate and, eventually, improve this on their side.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.