Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adress not always saving

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by DavidH606 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Build a map of suppliers

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: All 36 Suppliers

Instead, I got: Just a few suppliers

Please see screenshare here: hidden link Address is found ok, but upon page publish / update is lost.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

I looked at your video.

Are there any errors or warnings in your browser console on that page when saving a post?

Can you also check your PHP logs for errors generated at that time.

Yes, there is this message in the console:-

js:40 Geocoding Service: This API project is not authorized to use this API. For more information on authentication and Google Maps JavaScript API services please see: hidden link

I've checked the API console, ran through their steps to check billing ok, qoutas ok credentials ok - think it may be due to the site migrating from staging to live .

I'll try deleting and re creating the api

Also, found that error in toolset>settings>maps> check API Sorry! I should have checked there 1st.

api referrer restricitons.JPG

Created a new project, apis & api key

first of all hit an error about key restrictions (see screenshot1)
Then removed the restrictions in the API console
This gave a green "Google API seems to be configured properly." Message in toolset settings/maps/check api
But also threw these errors and won't render the map, or do a look up in the address field of the post editor:-

js?libraries=places&v=3.30&key=AIzaSyBNnYtE5yUryU3g43uXqUznR5JbqZELS6g:40 Google Maps JavaScript API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError
hidden link
Your site URL to be authorized: hidden link

After waiting 5 minutes or so this went away and everything is now tickety boo!

But before we go blaming this one squarely on google - Should Toolset be forcing us to use an un-restricted key when this is frowned on by the inline docs in the Google API console?

Nigel
Supporter

Some users, but not all, experience problems when adding URL referrer restrictions to their maps API key: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/#known-issues

So the solution is to add two keys.

The first key is for client-based requests, meaning the key is exposed, and so should include URL referrer restrictions.

The second key is for server-server requests and is not exposed, and so can be left without restrictions. (Strictly it could be exposed by some packet-sniffing hack, and so if you are concerned you can add IP referrer restrictions, not URL restrictions, for which your server will need a static IP address.)

Where do I add the second key in toolset?

Thanks, D

Toolset Settings Maps Options - No Second Key option as referred to in docs..JPG

For clarity: I dont have the 2nd key option shown on this page:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/#known-issues

Pls see screenshot for my options,

Thanks, D

Nigel
Supporter

You are using an older version of Toolset Maps, please update the plugin and then you'll see it.

As soon as I sent that last message I remembered tonight pending updates and wondered if that would have the cure.

Sites live so will need to wait to the wee hours UK time to run the update.

Thanks for all your help Nigel, I'll close this now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.