Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Additional classes not saving or appearing on front-end theme

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,

I have tried adding additional CSS classes to the container, conditional and single blocks, but they are not appearing on the selected blocks on the front-end theme. I have tested this in my custom theme and Twenty Twenty One.

When I save the post and continue working, I see the CSS classes are being removed from the container block and blocks nested under the conditional block.

See this screencast for an example: hidden link

This is very frustrating. So far I have had nothing but trouble using Toolset on my client's website. This is concerning for a commercial plugin that should not be afflicted by these issues.

Cheers,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch.

After typing in the class name you need to press the enter key for the class name to be registered.

Please try this and let me know if the class saves to the field.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Hitting return after entering the class name(s) did work, but this behaviour differs from the core block editor for adding classes. Also, why is there no hints that this is required for users.

Cheers,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

I understand this consistency and will be making suggestions to improve this in the future.

If there are no further queries on this then you can go ahead and mark this as resolved so that the issue can be logged.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.