Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add Divi Gallery to Toolset Post it includes ALL media images

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am trying to build a custom post type and use a Divi module called "Gallery" in posts. When I add the Gallery module and then choose "update Gallery" the WordPress Edit Gallery shows that ALL media images are added to the gallery instead of starting with an empty gallery.

I expected to see the gallery to initiate with NO images in it. When I add the Divi Gallery to a standard WP post/page this is the way the module behaves.

Solution:

It is a Divi problem, see details here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/add-divi-gallery-to-toolset-post-it-includes-all-media-images/#post-1210333

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carmineM 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
gallery in custom post type.png

I am trying to build a custom post type and use a Divi module called "Gallery" in posts. When I add the Gallery module and then choose "update Gallery" the WordPress Edit Gallery shows that ALL media images are added to the gallery instead of starting with an empty gallery.

I expected to see the gallery to initiate with NO images in it. When I add the Divi Gallery to a standard WP post/page this is the way the module behaves.

Can you help troubleshoot?

PS: i did follow the tip of disabling "latest divi experience" and "Enabling the classic Editor"

Hello,

From your screenshot, it seems you are going to insert some images into "Gallery" from media library, and the plugin "Divi Gallery" does not support custom post type as well as standard WP post/page.

If it is, Toolset plugin is using the standard WordPress function register_post_type() to create new post types:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type

I suggest you test it in your website:
- Create a new post type without Types plugin, for example with custom PHP codes:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type#Example
- Check if there is same problem with the new post type

If there is the same problem, I suggest you check it with the plugin author of "Divi Gallery":
Check if this plugin supports the feature for custom post types.

--

SOLUTION: SORT OF

I reached out to the folks who make Divi. They discovered their gallery module DOES work if you use their "New Builder Experience" or their "Build on the Front End" options. But does NOT work with their "Classic Builder".

They will look into it further but the good news is I can keep working.

Thanks for your time. I'm closing the ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.