Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add custom User field to View and cred

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to show custom User fields in a View. Some of these fields are coming from Gravity Forms, and I cannot find them in the GUI.

Solution: You can go to Toolset > Custom Fields > User Fields > User Field Control and manage these fields with Types, or you can use the wpv-user shortcode to display the field value.

[wpv-user field="ref_cdmv_api_key"]

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by larryL 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

We have serveral custom fields that are either coming from Gravity Forms OR custom fields added to the user profile. How can I add them as fields in both views and cred?

We have some documentation available about managing 3rd-party fields with Forms:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/
There are some limitations, and this approach works best with simple data fields like text, number, email, URL, and so forth. In Views, you can show hidden fields in the GUI by going to Toolset > Settings > Front-end Content and inserting the field slug in the Hidden Custom Fields section.

I tried this but I still cannot locate the field I need. It's in user_meta.

Larry

I clicked 'add' and it is added but when I goto a page and click the 'Fields and Views' button and click the non posts fields button they don't appear.

May I log in to your wp-admin area and see how this is set up? If not, can you attach a copy of your database so I can take a look at the data structure?

Okay I just logged in to wp-admin, then I went to Toolset > Custom Fields > User Fields tab, and clicked "User Field Control". I can see here that the ref_cdmv_api_key field is not managed by Types, so I suspect this is why you can't see it in the Views GUI. You can still display the value of the field with the wpv-user shortcode in a User View, like this:

[wpv-user field="ref_cdmv_api_key"]

As a test, I created this draft page with a User View:
hidden link

You can log in as an admin and view the draft post to see a list of Users and their API keys.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.