Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add custom block for subtitle

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mashaB 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Editors should be able to add a custom block called subtitle in the block editor

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Toolset tutorial

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm not sure what you are looking here. Can you please share more details what exactly you would like to achieve.

Maybe you can share few screenshots that should help me to understand your issue.

Hi Minesh!

Let me explain the use case:
When post title is too long we want to split it into 2 parts: (1) title and (2) subtitle. Then, title will be WP inbuild type and it entered in the title block in the editor. For subtitle we want it to be entered in a special subtitle block and have this data associated with a custom field or some other way which will allow us to differentiate subtitles from the rest of the content and apply special styling to it.

Thx!

Minesh
Supporter

So what if you add a custom field that should be named as subtitle that will be used to hold the subtitle you said - sounds good?

Hi Minesh,

Thank you for your suggestion. I guess this is the only option. Though, the way Toolset is advertised I was expecting it to allow adding custom blocks to hold custom data fields to use inside block editor when creating content and not outside WYSWYG editor form.

Can it be converted to feature request to toolset?

Minesh
Supporter

You can always file a new feature request using the following form and our product manager will review it:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.