Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add an existing parametric search view to a layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by umbertoZ 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

I am trying to add an existing parametric search view to a layout, but, if I add a View cell and I select "Use an existing view", it doesn't offer me to show only the parametric search or results, it adds the complete view. It would be possible to split the parametric search into 2 views, one for filters and the other for results, but it is not very elegant and comfortable to work with.

I've also a similar problem with a view where I set a Query filter by view attribute. When I add a View cell and I select "Use an existing view", it doesn't offer me to set the attribute I need to pass to the view.

I solved both issues adding a Visual editor cell and adding there the views by shortcodes like these:

[wpv-form-view name="parametric-search-and-result" target_id="self"]

[wpv-view name="parametric-search-and-result" view_display="layout"]

[wpv-view name="my-view" location="xxxx"]

Is there another solution? Do I miss something?

cheers
Umberto

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Umberto

Thanks for the feedbak.

It is a little strange, as when you add an existing View to a layout as a View cell, and that View does have a parametric search, we do display a set of radios to let you decide what will be shown, and we offer you to display just the form, the results or both.

If that is not the case, you might want to scroll up on the View cell dialog, click on the top right "Screen options" tab and make sure that the View is set to have a parametric search purpose. If you still can not see the radio buttons under the Parametric Search Settings section, this is indeed a bug and we should manage as such.

Regarding the shortcode attributes, you are right. We let you set them when adding a Views shortcode to an editor, but we did nto add a GUI for the when adding a View cell to a layout. This is something we already have in our to-do list. But thanks for pointing this out.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Regards.

Screen3.png
Screen2.PNG
Screen1.PNG

Hi Juan, I attach some screenshot so you can see my process:

Screen1 - If I select "Create new View" I see radio buttons

Screen2 - If I select "Use an existing View" I can't see radio buttons and I don't see an screen options tab

Screen3 - If I follow the process, on the next screen I see screen options, but it doesn't seem to me I can manage this issue there.

cheers

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

support-view-cell-parametric-search.png

Hi Umberto.

Yep, there is one missing point. Open the cell, use an existing View, and open the dialog where you can edit the View settings. There, you can set the View purpose: make sure that it is set to parametric search. Then, scroll down to the Parametric Search Settings and there you can decide what element of the View will be shown on that dell.

See screenshot.

Let me know if you still can not see it.

Regards.

Yep!! I can see it 😉

thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.