Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add a custom post after order complete

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi there,

I still have a major issue and wondered if you could maybe look again for me.

When a user enters their email address in the Create User form and clicks SUBMIT they get taken to the Checkout page. They then have to enter the email again on the Woocommerce checkout page.

The issue I seem to be having is that the Checkout process is trying to overwrite the first email address they entered in the CRED form. This is when the errors begin.

I found that if I generate a random email address and hide this field, then let the user enter their email in the checkout page, it works without error.

ANy thoughts? Sadly hiding an email field isnt great as I cant generate a random one each time - so after the first user registers, it fails the second time.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Paul

the intended workflow is that the user registration form includes the email address field, and when passing to the checkout page the users will be obliged to enter it again.

That's clearly not optimal in UX terms, but to change it means a feature request (https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/).

I get how you are trying to bypass this with a random email address. I'm not sure what the problem is when it comes to generating a random email address each time. You could do it with JavaScript, on DOM ready, or I guess you could register a custom shortcode to generate a random email address and then use that shortcode to provide the default value for the email field, which you hide with CSS. In either case it should be possible to generate a random email address each time the page loads.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.