Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ad block is blocking my website with CPT advertenties (ads)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
AdBlock is blocking a CPT with the slug of "advertisements"
Solution:
Change the CPT slug to not have the word "advertisements" as most AdBlock plugins have a generic filter to block URLs as such.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mcjS 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Ross Fisher.

Author

The website wich I have made with Toolset, is given problems when a visitor has Ad Block installed.
When they want to view detailed information about an ad , list of ads is no problem, it is given an empty page.
The ad is a view with a Content Template.

The owner of the website contacted Ad block, to ask for putting the website on the white list.
But the answer he got was "this is no bug in Ad Block".

Is there a solution in Toolset for this?

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

May I have the Url of the site in question? Thanks!

I forgot: hidden link
click on "Meer informatie" for ad details.
With Ad Block this is an empty page.

Thank you!

The ads are not blocked from uBlock Origin with a USA blocking set. It seems your CPT slug advertentie is being blocked by a general filter. I would recommend changing advertentie to something else. Let me know if this works!

Thanks for the answer, the word "advertentie"is Dutch for "ad" or "advertise".
So I think only visitors in The Netherlands have this problem. Changing the name of the CPT is an update with a very great impact. I keep this in mind and talk with my client about it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.