Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "active in" all tab-pane elements when page first loads

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

It seems there is a conflict with the js files:
/types/library/toolset/toolset-common/res/lib/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js?ver=3.3.7

When a page first loads it seems to add "active in" class on all tab-page elements

Is there something we can do about this.

This only appeared on all the websites where layouts/views has been updated.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 16.48.17.png

Hi Garen

Can you give me some more details about your set up, because I haven't been able to reproduce this.

I have the updated versions of Types, Views, and Layouts.

I created a page to which I assigned a Layout that adds Bootstrap tab cells.

When I view the page on the front end only the first tab has the active class added.

See the screenshot.

What theme are you using? Is there anything about your set-up that differs from what I described?

temp.png

Hi,

The theme is custom built based on the generic layout template, and the tab that we use is marked up using the boostarap standard markup.

See attached.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

In my first reply I was using the Layouts tab cells, which worked as expected.

In a second test I simply added the markup for tabs directly into the post body of a second page. It also worked as expected.

How are you adding the tabs markup to your page? Directly in the page or in a Layout cell?

Can you switch to the Toolset Starter theme and see if the same happens?

screen.gif

Hi,

I used the same toolset tab system with still the same issue.
The issue is not on the nav-tabs it is on the nav-pane. (see attached)

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

I understand what you mean, I just can't see the same on my test site.

Can I get credentials for your site and see for myself? I will probably want to take a copy of your site for testing if that's okay.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes other than possibly to temporarily add a backup plugin to take a snapshot of the site.

Can you also confirm the url of where I can see the problem. Which page are you adding the tabs too?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

I looked at the site and see that, yes, "active in" is added to all of the tab content panes.

But I see that the cell responsible for the tabs has its content generated by a custom shortcode.

I quickly added a cell for testing that adds the markup for the tabs directly to the cell and it worked as per my local test site, as expected.

I didn't see where you have defined your custom shortcode, but I suggest you either add the markup for the tabs and panes directly to a Visual Editor cell, or use a tabs cell to insert the tabs and panes into the layout.

Hi,

I added the i created a cell as you advised directly, but the issue still persists.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

The issue only appears on your site (I did some more testing) so I suspect there is a conflict with your theme or another plugin.

I have take a duplicate of your site that I will install locally to test further, and I'll get back to you with the results.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garem

After more testing I was finally able to consistently reproduce this, and I have escalated this thread so that the source of the problem can be identified and fixed by the developers.

I'll keep you posted when there is something to report.

Sorry that it took a while for me to pin it down.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you very much for the support,.

I will be waiting for the update.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

Second tier wasn't able to reproduce the problem, so I set up a new test site and no longer can, either.

Layouts 1.9.2 and Views 2.3.1 have been released in the interim and it seems it may have been fixed in those releases.

Could you please update and see whether you still have the problem?

Thanks

Hey,

I believe the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

Hey,

Actually i believe i figured the issue out.

It worked when i removed the "fade" class from the tab-content

There must a conflict with your latest updates (after 1.9) layouts with the fade class.

If i add the fade class again, the issue is still there.

hidden link

Can this be resolved in the next update as we would like to be able to use fade effect in the tabs.

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hello again Garen

You are right. Debugging a client site on Friday took down my computer and I had to perform a clean install, and that meant losing all of my existing test sites.

I must have selected smooth fade on the test I made last week but didn't on the new test site this week.

Thanks for pinpointing the problem.

I have passed that on to the developers, and am reverting this ticket to escalated.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.