Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activating Toolset Genesis Integration plugin & Layouts rearranges theme layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi Nigel,

I just tested, and without the comments plugin installed, this fix works!

There's still a conflict between Layouts/Layouts Genesis Integration and the comments plugin (wpDiscuz - hidden link) - the blog post is rearranged as in the original screenshots (post at the top, then the header in the middle, and the comments at the bottom).

However, at this stage I'm beginning to think it might be best to opt for a different comments plugin to be honest, unless it's a simple fix...

Thanks for your help so far!

Rich

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Richard

I'm just reviewing my open escalated threads and see I didn't reply here, sorry.

We will be releasing an update to version 1.8 of the integration plugin soon to take care of some outstanding issues. The work thus far has been about updating it to accommodate the changes Genesis introduced, rather than compatibility with 3rd party plugins (i.e. wpdiscuz).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you want to continue with that plugin could you please report the compatibility issue in its own thread and it can be dealt with and tracked from there. You are welcome to assign it to me to handle.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.