Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activating Toolset Genesis Integration plugin & Layouts rearranges theme layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Activate Layouts on Genesis using the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin. Activating both Layouts and the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin makes some undesired changes to the layout of the theme across the site - the header becomes right aligned, header padding is altered, and a strange line appears to the right of the content.

Please see here for a screenshot of the homepage with Layouts and the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin activated - hidden link

And here is a screenshot without either Layouts or the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin activated - hidden link

However, there is another issue. When using an additional plugin for comments (Wpdiscuz), the post layout is changed drastically - the menu is pushed down below the post content. See below for screenshots:

Post without Layouts or the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin activated, but with Wpdiscuz activated - hidden link

Post with Layouts and the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin activated, but not Wpdiscuz - hidden link

Post without Layouts or the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin activated, and without Wpdiscuz activated - hidden link

I visited this URL: password protected page - the password is 'password' hidden link (the site currently has Layouts and the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin activated, and Wpdiscuz activated)

I expected to see: described above

Instead, I got: described above

I'd really appreciate someone taking a look at this!

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Richard

The Genesis 2.4 update modified the markup it generates which broke some of the layout CSS.

We are updating our integration plugin and CSS accordingly, and a new release with a fix should be published soon.

In the meantime, if you add the following CSS it should help restore your layout.

I'll let you know when the full fix is published.

.col-lg-1, .col-lg-10, .col-lg-11, .col-lg-12, .col-lg-2, .col-lg-3, .col-lg-4, .col-lg-5, .col-lg-6, .col-lg-7, .col-lg-8, .col-lg-9, .col-md-1, .col-md-10, .col-md-11, .col-md-12, .col-md-2, .col-md-3, .col-md-4, .col-md-5, .col-md-6, .col-md-7, .col-md-8, .col-md-9, .col-sm-1, .col-sm-10, .col-sm-11, .col-sm-12, .col-sm-2, .col-sm-3, .col-sm-4, .col-sm-5, .col-sm-6, .col-sm-7, .col-sm-8, .col-sm-9, .col-xs-1, .col-xs-10, .col-xs-11, .col-xs-12, .col-xs-2, .col-xs-3, .col-xs-4, .col-xs-5, .col-xs-6, .col-xs-7, .col-xs-8, .col-xs-9 {
    position: relative;
    min-height: 1px;
    padding-right: 5px; // instead of 15px
    padding-left: 0; // instead of 15px
}

@media (min-width: 1200px)
.container {
    width: 1200px; // instead of 1770px
}

.content {
    float: none !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    margin-top: 0px; // instead of 40px this is in our file
}

.site-inner, .wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
}

.site-inner, .wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 100%; // instead of 1200px this is the most important
}

Ah, understood - it's a relief to know you're working on it. I think I'll wait until the plugin update.

Thanks for your help! Very much appreciated!

Rich

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Rich

The fix has been published with the release of version 1.7 of the Genesis integration plugin together with 1.8.6 of Layouts.

Keep an eye out for an update notifications on your plugins page.

If that doesn't appear or you don't want to wait you can download the zipped plugin files from your downloads page (wp-types.com/my-account/downloads). You can use the Upload button on the Add New Plugins page to add the zipped versions to your site, but that requires deleting the old plugins first.

If you have FTP access you can upload the unzipped files to your plugins folder and overwrite the old plugin version.

Please re-test the issue and let me know if you have any continuing problems.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the quick update! I think there might be an issue with the update for the Layouts Genesis Integration plugin though - I tried updating firstly through the WordPress admin, then by deleting the 1.6 version before uploading the 1.7 version, and finally uploading the 1.7 version via FTP. However, each time the plugin was listed as version 1.6 in the list of installed plugins and I was prompted to update.

The Layouts plugin has been updated to version 1.8.6.

It might be worth noting that I checked and the original issue wasn't fixed, so I think it's likely the plugin might not have been updated. Could you check again?

Many thanks,

Rich

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Richard,

I'm checking this now, and will get back to you soon.

I can see that the change_log.md reports it as version 1.7 but the plugin file itself still says 1.6.

Nigel
Supporter

Richard

Can I check when you say the original issue isn't fixed, can you clarify whether you mean the general positioning issues you describe first or only those relating the discussion plugin?

Thanks Nigel - let me know if I can do anything on my end.

In answer to your question - the original positioning issues are still present, as well as those relating to the discussion plugin.

Hope that helps. Thanks,

Rich

Nigel
Supporter

Richard

Can I take a look at your site myself?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes other than possibly to temporarily add a backup plugin to take a snapshot of the site.

Can you also confirm the url of where I can see the problem.

Oh, and you can see the problem most prominantly on this page: hidden link

But also on most pages of the site (e.g. the homepage). You'll have to be logged in before you can see the site though.

Thanks,

Rich

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Richard

I'm setting the status of this to escalated, as I have made a duplicate of your site and passed it on to our compatibility team to identify where the remaining issues are. It is helpful for them to work with real world sites to see things that have been missed in their own testing.

We should hopefully have a fix for the general layout issues soon.

I don't know how much help they will be able to give with the comments plugin and am waiting to hear back from them on that.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the update Nigel - appreciate your help!

Richard

Hi Nigel,

Just checking to see if you've got an update on this issue?

Many thanks,

Richard

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Richard

I was just preparing to write to you.

The compatibility team have updated the integration CSS file with the changes they think are required to work with the current version of Genesis.

They haven't published a fix yet in case any further tweaks are required.

Could you please test and let me know how you get on?

The file you need is available here: hidden link

You will need to overwrite the existing file at /wp-content/plugins/layouts-genesis/public/css/theme-integration.css

Make sure you have a backup available beforehand in case you need to revert.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for this - I will give it a try when I am at home tonight. I will let you know how I get on

Really appreciate your help with this - thanks!

Rich

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.