Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activating Layouts Crashes My Site

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I have tried several times to activate the Layouts plugin. I am using the latest version of everything, and running apache and php on a linux server. I am using Toolset Types and Views, in conjunction with Toolset Starter Child theme. Everything runs fine until I activate the Layouts plugin, at which point I see the repeated entries of the following error message in the apache error_log file:

"[error] [client 10.68.3.11] PHP Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/toolset-starter-child/functions.php on line 22, referer: hidden link"

Once this error starts appearing, the entire site crashes with an HTTP ERROR 500. The only fix is to go to the back end and manually delete all of the Layout plugin files, which allows WordPress to continue operating.

I don't see this problem with any other plugins, but I do see the same problem with other themes that I've tried.

There are no error_log files in any of my wp-content subdirectories, so I'm afraid I can give you no further information.

I sure would like to be able to use the Layouts plugin, but I can't seem to get it working. Am I missing some integration files for the Toolset Starter Theme? I didn't see any in your downloads section.

Thanks,

David

Hi,

This is Mohammed, the Toolset support team leader.

I will try my best to help you to solve your issue.

I'm trying to replicate your issue right now. please wait and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hi David,

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate this issue on my local installation.

So, please try the following:

- Make sure that you have the latest Toolset plugins and Toolset starter theme versions.
- Deactivate all non-Toolset plugins and test the issue.
- Make sure that your server offers an updated version of PHP and MySql.
- Make sure that there is no custom code added to the theme functions.php file

Please check the previous points and share the results with me.

To save your time, I may need an access to your admin dashboard and FTP files, so please prepare the access credentials to those and provide them in the next private reply.

Private reply means that only me and you can view and access it.

Thanks.

I just tried going through all the same steps on a hostgator website, and it works fine. So there is something strange about my privately hosted site that is interfering with the functioning of the layouts plugin. I have no clue what it might be--any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I'm sorry for the long waiting time. I'm working on the issue now.
Please wait and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hi David,

The first thing to check is the server logs. please check the access and error log files to see if any errors there.

Also, you can compare the configurations in the working host to yours and see that is missing.

It may be also a missing php extension.

Also, please take a look here: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/ and follow the provided instructions.

I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.