Skip Navigation

[Closed] Activating Layouts breaks Woocommerce Archive Template

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am having a problem with my Woocommerce Shop page. When Toolset Layouts is deactivated, my shop page correctly uses the archive-product.php template (to which I've added custom styling). When Layouts is activated, my shop page displays products using index.php.

I have spent hours trying to figure out why this is happening. In the Woocommerce Views settings I have both shop and products selected to use the WooCommerce Plugin Default Templates.

(For kicks I tried selecting the WooCommerce Views Archive template instead, and it removes the sidebar, which is not desirable).

My site (staging) is hidden link

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Monica,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Let me see how best I can assist you with this one.

So from your post I gather that you want to use our Woocommerce views along with layouts in order to setup your shop page how you want it correct?

If so could you allow me to have admin access to your website so that I can have a look at the layouts .

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Actually, no.

I'm not trying to use Woocommerce Views, nor do I want to do anything to set up my shop page. It is already set up just perfectly when archive-product.php is the template applied.

I want to use the default Woocommerce archive-product.php template. But, when I activate the Layout plugin, my shop page uses index.php to display products instead of archive-product.php as it should. If I deactivate the Layouts plugin, my shop page works just fine, using archive-product.php.

So, Layouts is doing something to make archive-product.php unavailable to the page.

Can you help me figure out why your plugin is breaking my page?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Monica,

I can check why for you if I could get admin access to the website.

Under normal circumstances our layouts plugin shouldn't interfere once there isn't a layout assigned to the page.

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Pardon me, the username is toolset (lowercase T). Sorry!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Monica,

I suspect that this is a conflict. Would you be using the layouts plugin with woocommerce views to customise your product/archive pages ?

If so then you could use layouts to rebuild the shop page in a fashion you like.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

I would agree, there's definitely a conflict. Somehow, Layouts is blocking the ability to find (or look for) the archive-product template.

I am currently not planning to use Layouts for that particular page, and I'll see if I'm using it for any other pages - maybe I can keep it deactivated.

Can this be reported as a software issue? There seem to be so many Toolset/WooCommerce plugins now, I can't even begin to imagine where the conflict lives.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Monica,

I would need for you to install the duplicator plugin below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Create a duplicator package so that I can download and create a clone of your website. From here I can do a bit more testing and then report the issue to our developers.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Activating Layouts breaks Woocommerce Archive Template’ is closed to new replies.