Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activate key error: c URL error 7: Failed connect to api .toolset. com : 443

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.49 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by victorT 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 07.33.51.png

I am trying to update toolset views, forms, etc. I have a pro author subscription.

When I enter the key I'm getting the following error: cURL error 7: Failed connect to api.toolset.com:443, see the attached image.

Please, can you give me a hand.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Victor

I had another report of the same yesterday and the client resolved it herself by upgrading to PHP 7.

PHP 7 is not a requirement to run Toolset, but in her case it fixed the issue.

Is that an option for you? Are you able to update?

Let me know either way so I can see how to proceed.

Sorry Nigel, but updating to PHP 7 is not an option as I would have to pay an Admin to upgrade the whole dedicated server with more than 5 domains and subdomains. It would cost me a fortune to do so.

Is there any other way to make it work?

Nigel
Supporter

No, as I say, it is not a requirement, so let me consult with my colleagues and I'll get back to you.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Victor

Can we please get access to your site to take a look?

Let me mark your next reply as private to get credentials. Please make sure you have a current backup.

Sorry Nigel, I have posted my account details in the previous post.

Did you see it?

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Victor

Yes, sorry I did.

My colleague looked earlier and I just checked now.

I tried to register the site myself (on my own account) and had no problem doing so.

However, that raised a new problem, which is that it doesn't seem able to update some of the plugins.

I am de-registering the site, so that you can register it again yourself. Can you please try that again first?

Then we'll worry about what comes next.

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 16.37.18.png

Unfortunately it didn't work as you can see in the attached screen.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, we've got passed the initial problem, there seems to be a problem updating Views and Access.

I have put a question in to my colleagues about this, but in the meantime you can download them from wp-types.com/account/downloads and then manually upload the zip files via the plugins page. (You would need to delete the previous versions first, your settings will not be lost.)

I've just clicked on the UPDATE PLUGIN in the plugin page and it worked.

Thanks for your support Nigel.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.