Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Acess stops working after 2.0 upgrade

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ivanC-2 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

This is one of a series of issues I run into after upgrading to 2.0 for Types, Views, Cred, and Access. After the upgrade I noticed the following problems with Access:

(1) all built-in and CPT previously set to be managed by Access is now set to NOT managed by it.
(2) even after checking the box to have Access manage them again, user role level access settings (contributor, subscriber, etc.) do not seem to have any effect on the access. Note, all of the previous access settings were working prior.
(3) At the bottom of every Cred form, if you click on Access Settings link, you get an error:

hidden link

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

#2 is the most serious as it now breaks the logic.

I apologize the inconveniences and will try to help you the best possible.

#3 is a known bug, and solved in the Upcoming version of CRED
It's a wrong Link (to an not yet exciting part of the Dashboard of Access)

#2 sounds serious, but I don't know how to reproduce it,
locally and on other Sites, updating ACCESS did not produce this issue.

#1 Also is not a agreeable situation, as well, I can not reproduce it

We must separate the Topics.

You can choose whether to stick on #1 or #2, but I can not handle Both issue here

In any case, if you have a System where you have the old Toolset (working) installed, can you create Snapshot of it, and send it to me?
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

I will then be able to update and see if this also happens on my Localhost.

If you don't, can you let me know how exactly we can reproduce this problem?

As by simply updating, it does not happen.

Thank you

Please hold off your investigation for now. I just upgraded WordPress and reset the Access control settings and it is now behaving differently. Let me do some more debugging on this end first.

OK, please let me know if any issues surge, and if on topic if this ticket's issue, I can then proceed investigating.

Please also acknowledge, that our Plugins are updated also with updating WordPress in mind.

It can not be, that you update a certain Toolset Plugin but not WordPress.

Specially the last Update, along with many improvements, also included compatibility with WordPress.

While we produce our Plugins with a certain backwards compatibility, it is always, by the WordPress Core Developers, recommended to stay Up To Date with WordPress.

This is also because of Security reasons.

Thank you for understanding.

I reset all Access control settings and it seems to be behaving properly now. Thanks for the help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.