Skip Navigation

[Closed] Accessing user meta after migration to new hosting

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset 81dZ2.PNG

I have migrated my site to new hosting. I used Updraft Plus to do so.

Most things seem to work fine on the new site. In the migration process the database table prefix has changed (from 81zD2). Views which used a filter for the capabilities field (81zD2_capabilities) no longer work. There is also no option to filter by the value of the new database table (the filter dropdown only lists 81zD2_capabilities - a field which no longer exists) and not the new table (see screenshot).

Is there a way in which Toolset views can recognise the new table as it used to on the old hosting or a way to migrate views to the new site from the old one which would update the list of user fields?

If not, I am left with multiple views which can't be filtered by user capability. The data is still there as I can see it on the new hosting in PHPmyadmin.

This applies both the views copied from the previous hosting and to new views created on the new hosting.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting in touch.

In a case like this there are usually more hidden issues than just the records not showing up. What I would recommend that you do is to remigrate the entire site using the duplicator plugin.

You mention this custom field here "81zD2_capabilities" is this field still visible when you go to Toolset -> Custom Fields and check your user fields assuming it was a field created in Types.

Please let me know .
Thanks,
Shane

OK I will remigrate the site or possibly change the table prefixes in the database.

The custom field is no longer visible in custom fields either.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nick,

Ok thank you for the update. Can you let me know the results once you've remigrated the website using the duplicator plugin.

Secondly what you can try doing is to recreate that exact custom field with the exact same slug and see if it starts to show up. However I do suspect the issue is with the migration because the table prefixing shouldn't affect the data.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Accessing user meta after migration to new hosting’ is closed to new replies.