Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
In this ticket the customer realized that his access permissions were not being applied to his custom post type.

Solution:
We are currently aware of this issue and currently working on a fix, however as a workaround you will need to let access control the permissions for the default CPT as well.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,
Access for CRED seems to work ok, but I've just set all pages to "not readable" by guests, and just see guests still can access pages...
I know I'm missing something huge here but I'm stuck...
Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Roman,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you send me a link to the page that should not be accessible by guests?

Thanks,
Shane

Every page except the Homepage should redirect to the homepage for guest.
Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

I tried accessing the site with the credentials you gave, however they don't seem to work.

Could you check on this and let me know .

Thanks,
Shane

Please replace "superadmin" by "toolset".
Please activate private fields if anything wrong.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the update.

The issue is that you will need to apply these restrictions to the default wordpress posts as well in order for the effect to take place.

This is a current issue that we are working on to resolve to restore the original functionality but it should be working fine now.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you. It works ok now.

Please confirm the bug is due to the fact access was not activated on default wordpress posts ?
So I can't use the access groups unless I activate access management for default wordpress posts ; is that right ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

Yes this is the bug, you will need to set the same permissions for the default post type as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you.
For this website it's OK so I'll use access like that.
Nevertheless, I didn't find how to manage access permissions on archive pages (content template in archive layout).
Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

Archives function differently and you will need to use our Access In Page shortcode to manage the permissions for those.

Take a look at this link
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/

Please try this and let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Since I need a redirect for users who don't have access, I don't think this solution will do.

Is it possible to replace Archive Pages by own created pages, where I would set the Access Group ?
For instance for the archive page mysite.com/cpt1/, I would create a new page with name CPT1 and slug cpt1, that would load the content template I have previously set for archive page. I would then disable the setting associating the content template. Would this work ?

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

Yes it would be possible to do this, all you need to do is create a page and then add a view to it that lists all the content that the archive page would list.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you.

Works great.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

If there are no further issue then you can mark this issue as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.