Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access for pdf’s

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to restrict access to file downloads. Only members should be able to download the restricted files. If a non-member attempts to download the same file from the same URL, they should not be able to find it.

Solution: Use Toolset and Download Manager together to handle this type of file download restriction.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/restricting-access-downloadable-files

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesH-21 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: to block access to pdf's on the site so that only members of the site can view them.

When I try to edit the pdf's media page it won't let me change the post group so it's in a protected group.

It means if someone has the pdf url they can view the pdf.

Hi there, restricting download access for PDFs and other files can be accomplished with Toolset and WordPress Download Manager. I can provide you with a link to a guide with samples and screenshots:

https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/restricting-access-downloadable-files/

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, or if part of the process does not work for you. I'll be glad to help.

Thanks Christian

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.