Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access and Media Library

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by volodiaB 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
media-library-content-not-showing.png
no-media-menu.png
access-media.png

Hello,

I created a user with the role "editor" and use the Access plugin to grant the permissions related to media files (see screenshot).

1- The media menu is not always showing (see screenshot).
2- When editing a custom post type, the menu media becomes visible but never shows the media library content while trying to access it (see screenshot).

Can you help with this?

Regards, Volo

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Volo

There is a limitation with Media, because it is a built-in post type, and you cannot grant permissions for Media if they are not also available for standard Posts.

That is, Media permissions can be more restrictive than those for Posts, but cannot be more permissive, in which case the permissions of Posts will apply.

I suspect you have granted permissions for Media that are not available on Posts.

This has been reviewed before and, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in this case.

If that is not what is responsible for the problem on your site let me know and I will investigate further.

Hi Nigel,

I understand it is a limitation of WordPress.

Regards, Volo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.