Skip Navigation

[Resolved] A view is displays same results multiple times

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
A View that includes a distance filter and shows posts that have an address field results in some posts being shown multiple times.

Solution:
The issue arose where posts had multiple address values for the same field, and has been fixed in Maps 1.8.3.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrei-laurentiuP 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Maps 1.8.3 is now out (along with several other plugin updates), if you could please update and confirm that it resolves the issue with the duplicate results.

Thanks.

Hi Nigel!

Sorry for my late response. I have checked now and it seems the issue with the items shown multiple times in the loop is solved. However, it seems that if you have a Custom Post Type with multiple address custom fields (e.g. address1 and address2) and if you create a view that uses distance as filter to one of the custom fields first (address1) and then you change to another custom field (address2), the filtering will be done taking into account both references (address1 and address2), even if only one of them (address2) is supposed to be used.

My issue is closed, but I just wanted to point out this issue, maybe it's relevant.

Regards,
Andrei

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.