Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 3 user forms to property listing, qualification, schedule? (Part 3)

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 10.16.41 PM.png

Hi Nigel, got caught up with some other projects. Tried adding the files above to wp-config, but unfortunately no debug file has appeared. This is WordPress Multisite, if that matters.

That said, the issue appears to be ever since I added the parallel additional post field group for the tenant qualifications. Subsequent to adding these new custom fields, I tried adding them to a new post form for tenant qualifications. Unfortunately, creating this form shows all the custom fields for the Qualifications post type, form builder page. If I toggle over to Expert Mode it's showing just the basic [credform] [/credform] delimiters, so I add in each of the applicant qualifications fields that I'd like, hit Finish and am similarly back at the indefinite progress indicator, which produces the attached output in the Safari Console > Errors.

My next step is to go back and delete all the applicant custom fields, which I am not entirely sure I need anyway if the values between owner and tenants will be the same? Both will be drop down options, with would should just be the field descriptions in page code as different. In that context, is a fair assumption of merely semantics in comparing two entries of the same CPT versus, say one CPT for tenant-qualifications vs another CPT for owner-qualifications?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Cliff

Looking back over what we'd done before (I had to re-read some of the previous thread to bring myself up to speed), we completed the workflow to register a user, publish a property, publish a qualification, and publish a schedule, correct?

And then you ran into JS errors when trying to create a form with the fields for the tenant qualifications (parallels of the property qualifications), yes?

If you created new fields (you can't re-use the same fields as I explained at the end of the last thread) and a new form, these really shouldn't be affected by what you've done before, and it's not obvious from the screenshot what's behind those errors.

But they occur on the page to create a new form, yes?

Can I take a look at your site?

Let me set up a private reply so I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Can you confirm which form I should be editing, the post type it creates, and the field group that is assigned to that post type and the fields you want to include in the form?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Cliff

The reason I say you need different custom fields is because of what you described earlier in the prior thread.

Something along the lines of you wanted a field for, say, income to be presented as a select dropdown to owners with ranges (although the actual stored value would be a single amount, e.g. display a range of $50k-$70k with the stored value 50000), whereas the tenants would enter an actual value (e.g. 60000).

So the income field for owners would be a select field, while the "same" field for tenants would be a numeric field.

If you are doing all of this with front-end forms, you could set up such a field as a select field, which is what gets used by the owner form.

You can't use the same field directly in the forms for the tenant, but you could add a generic numeric field, and where you set the field slug, re-use the same slug as the field for the owner, only you will need to add the 'wpcf-' prefix used by Types custom fields. So if you have an "Income" custom select field with slug of "income", that is actually saved with a post meta key of 'wpcf-income'.

You would want to add a numeric generic field with slug of wpcf-income in that case. You would also need to switch to Expert mode in the form to be able to edit the JSON options for the generic field so that it included a "persist":1 option (otherwise the field will not be saved), which will give you something like this:

<div class="form-group">
	<label>Income</label>
	[cred_generic_field type='numeric' field='wpcf-income']
{
"required":1,
"validate_format":1,
"default":"",
"persist":1
}
[/cred_generic_field]
	</div>
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.