Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 3 user forms to property listing, qualification, schedule?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 7.16.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 7.18.11 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Looking to create a 3 sequential user forms for real estate landlords to set a minimum tenant qualification standard, property listing, and basic 7 day schedule profile.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Proceeded through basic and intermediate reference sites, as well as attempting to modify the existing real estate template site, but there is far more there than needed. Consequently I have started from scratch and used Posts to create a custom post types for Properties, Qualifications, Schedules, and Agents with all the form data I need. I have also created relationships that define Properties as a one-many relationship to qualifications and Agents, similar to the real estate template.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I have a test site below that I have been building from scratch, but have not gotten to the point where I have many front end page templates creates since I am still trying to wrap my head around how to connect qualification form > property form > schedule form for the property owner, then link the front end property form to its related qualification and schedule to the renters who via a listing's public URL.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link.
However, I would need to securely provide a login account since most forms are not linked publicly yet and are still post types and forms.

Hello,

I assume we are talking three post type:
1) qualification
2) property
3) schedule

Two post type relationships:
1) One to many relationship between post type "qualification" and "property"
2) One to many relationship between post type "property" and "schedule"

I suggest you try these:
1) After user submit the "qualification form", redirect the user to the single "qualification" he just created,

2) In the single "qualification" post, display below:

a) Post view, list "property" posts created by current user:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-author/

b) Toolset form for creating "property" post

3) Same as above, in a single "property" post, display the "schedule" posts list and a form for creating "schedule" post

Thanks Luo. Since this is a new user sign-up workflow, I am thinking it may be easier to link into the first form from an initial user sign up form.

However, before exploring that workflow I am confused by your recommendation to insert a list of properties below the content from the intiail qualification form's post, since that post would only be created after the qualfiication form creates the qualification post, right?

In other words, how could I pre-populate the list of properties into a qualification post that's only created after the user submits their qualification form?

In Toolset form plugin, one form can manages one post, so you can not create qualification post + properties posts in a single form.

And you are right, after user have created the qualification post, redirect him to the single qualification post, and display a form for creating new qualification posts.

In step 2) I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/3-user-forms-to-property-listing-qualification-schedule/#post-920249
When the user enter the single "qualification" post, if there isn't any related "property" posts, the post view will output some message, for example "No item found".

Thanks Luo. The workflow I have above is simply for new users on the site.

For existing users, I assume I would need to have a different form and workflow?

It is same workflow, for new user, ask him register and login your website, then they are same as existing users.

Circling back on this, how do I actually get Toolset to 'redirect the user to the single "qualification" he just created?'

I can choose "Display the Post" from the "What to show after submitting the form:" form settings it appears to require a Layout to actually display the Form. However, when I create a Layout for Qualifications and include the option for "Post Content" it does not actually display the Form's information anyway.

Seems like I am missing a basic step on simply displaying a form after a user clicks submit.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - if you use Layouts, then you can use CRED cell to display the form.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-form-cell/`

I can choose "Display the Post" from the "What to show after submitting the form:":
=> Yes - this is the correct settings you made. Is this setting not working?

Correct, the setting doesn't work. I can select the option to View the Post after submitting the form and it works on my local site, but not the server one. I tried removing/recreating related Views, but maybe it's Content Templates, since I cannot even select and delete them and there's 5 of them all related to Posts by Author.

I'm beginning to think Toolset's more of devleoper tool than the marketing makes it out to be. Continue to hit a wall with what seems like it should be simple steps.

I can choose "Display the Post" from the "What to show after submitting the form:":
=> Yes - this is the correct settings you made. Is this setting not working?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - could you please share problem URL and access details so that I can check whats going wrong there with your setup?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.