Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 2 custom post type don't behave identical

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by WeiS2074 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Capture6.JPG
Capture5.JPG
Capture.JPG

I have 2 custom type, they have similar settings. Both of them can be created from a page. All registered user is Subscriber. Here are some issues:

1. one custom type doesn't show the post form in "post creation page"(the page where it allows user to create post from).
2. Administator create a post via "post creation page", it doesn't show comment section in the new post. I ticked "Comments" in post type setting. Another custom type shows comment section in the new post. I have this issue before https://toolset.com/forums/topic/comment-doesnt-show-in-custom-type/. now it happens again.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 10.01.33 AM.png

Hi Wei,

1. one custom type doesn't show the post form in "post creation page"(the page where it allows user to create post from).

As mentioned in our previous ticket, please ensure that your subscriber role has access to the form itself through the form permissions.
hidden link

2. Administator create a post via "post creation page", it doesn't show comment section in the new post. I ticked "Comments" in post type setting. Another custom type shows comment section in the new post. I have this issue before https://toolset.com/forums/topic/comment-doesnt-show-in-custom-type/. now it happens again.

Given that you've enabled the comments, past posts that were created without this setting enable won't have the comments section enabled.

You will need to enable it individually for those posts by using the quick edit function. See Screenshot

Once you check the Allow Comments checkbox then the comments box will show up.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.