Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 2.6.3-lite

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Michael 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Ben

Im being asked to 'upgrade' to views 2.6.3-lite. I have a lifetime account with Toolset - what is happening?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ben

I've just been playing around on a local test site with various combinations of Toolset and WPML plugins, registered and unregistered, to try and see the same, but I cannot.

(FYI Views-lite is a free version available to WPML clients that has only recently been released.)

I don't have any debug info for your site to know what plugin versions you have (hidden link), could you provide that?

And is the site registered (for Toolset and/or WPML)?

Ben
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 12.18.28.png

The site *should* be registered, but everytime there's an update, I have to re-connect as the creds seem to be getting lost. I've held off upgrading as Im afraid of breaking changes on my current post relationships, so Im a bit behind.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ben

The installer software is part of Types and is shared with WPML, and there have been quite a few changes this year which has meant the installer code receiving a lot of updates, some of which didn't work out well and introduced bugs.

So if you have been experiencing problems with your site registration keys etc., that is likely why, but for most users the current version seems to be working correctly.

I'm not sure how your install is picking up the Views lite update (I have installed the same plugin versions as you have installed, and I get the correct update notice for Views 2.6.3), but I will say that there have been updates to the installer in subsequent versions, and there is not much we can do about issues with the installer that is bundled with old versions of Types because, well, you would need to update Types to receive any update to the installer code.

What I can say is that you can update to Types 3 and Views 2.6 and not run the migration wizard to convert your existing relationships. If you don't run the wizard everything should work as before, but you will benefit from updates and bug-fixes generally, including any installer updates.

I suggest you take a backup, update Types and Views to the current versions, and check things still work as expected. If not, let me know what.

If you have a staging site, work on that first.

Ben

Thanks so much for the info! I couldn’t find any reference to the ‘lite’ version on you site, so was a bit suspicious as to what is going on.

Cheers ???

Toolset Update Fail.png

I'm a lifetime customer hand have also experienced my sites being de-registered. Not just after each update, either. I also get "Update package not available. ()"

Are lifetime customers no longer supported? I've looked through the forum and don't see other users experiencing the de-registration issues that lifetime license holders consistently experience. It looks like all the lifetime customers who are reporting issues are reporting this exact same issue: their sites are being de-registered. If we need to pay some sort of upgrade fee, just tell us. Random de-registrations and site/app breakages are hard on us.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.