Toolset Release Ahead of Breaking Changes in WordPress 5.6
WordPress 5.6 is a major release that is not fully backward compatible and could potentially break your sites. This release of Toolset plugins makes sure that after the update to WordPress 5.6, all Toolset components work smoothly.
Our recommendation before updating your site to WordPress 5.6:
- Create a backup of your site’s files and the database
- Check your site’s plugins and theme for WordPress 5.6 compatibility
- If possible, test updating to WordPress 5.6 on a test copy of your site
- Update all plugins and the theme before updating WordPress itself
WordPress 5.6 includes an update to jQuery 3.5.1 version and multiple behind-the-scenes changes to the Block Editor. We handled all these changes across all Toolset plugins to ensure complete WordPress 5.6 compatibility.
Besides this, we also fixed a few bugs:
- Fixed a problem where conditionals inside forms would get their content removed
- Fixed a permissions problem in Types related to quick edit actions in related posts
- Fixed a compatibility issue between image field previews and the new Twenty Twentyone theme
Any thoughts on this release? Leave us your comments below and we’ll reply!