Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [wpv-post_body] breaks Beaver Builder

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: create a view with shortcode [wpv-post-body view_template='None' suppress_filters='true']

Now when I use this View in BeaverBuilder, everything AFTER this row breaks. All rows after this row do not contain any data. When I remove the wpv-post-body shortcode it all works again.

I thought this was the same issue as this topic https://toolset.com/forums/topic/beaver-builder/page/2/ but the work-around there did not solve my problem. For reference, here is the work-around code again:

[code]
add_action( 'init', 'fix_beaver' );

function fix_beaver(){
$has_been_removed = false;
add_action( 'ddl_before_frontend_render_cell', function ( $cell, $renderer ){
if( $cell->get_cell_type() === 'cell-content-template' ||
strpos($cell->get_content()['content'], 'wpv-post-body') === false ){
if( class_exists('FLBuilder') ){
remove_filter( 'the_content', 'FLBuilder::render_content' );
$has_been_removed = true;
}
}
} );

add_action( 'ddl_after_frontend_render_cell', function( $cell, $renderer ){
if( $has_been_removed ){
add_filter( 'the_content', 'FLBuilder::render_content' );
$has_been_removed = false;
}
});
}
[/code]

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The fix for the issue you linked to related to Layouts, which problem has since been resolved, but from your debug info it appears that you are not using Layouts.

Can you clarify where you are adding the Views shortcode? On a page? In a content template? In another View or an archive?

Thanks Nigel,

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Toolset > Views in WP Admin area
2. Add new View
3. Content selection: Posts; Query Filter: Some Category
4. Loop Output Editor: add [wpv-post-body view_template='None' suppress_filters='true'] in the loop
5. In Beaver Builder page builder: create new row and drag WP Views plugin into that row. Point the View to the new View created.
6. Save the page.
7. Now on the page the row with the VIEW AND all rows that come after that will be there, but WITHOUT any data.

Check this screencast to see that there are 2 rows of text at the bottom of my one-pager, that come right after a row with a VIEW with [wpv_post_body]. These rows disappear after saving the page. Actually, they are there, but the content is gone. When I remove the WP Views row, these rows re-appear.
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for the detailed description.

I was able to reproduce the problem on a clean install using twentysixteen, and observed that the problem is specifically when the View outputs the post body.

I have escalated this to our developers, and I will update you as soon as they report back to me.

Thanks for your patience.

Nigel
Supporter

Our developers have provided a fix for this issue which will be included in the next Views update.

In the meantime you can apply a temporary fix as described in the following errata: https://toolset.com/errata/view-content-not-rendered-properly-beaver-builder-editor/

Could you please follow the instructions there and if you have any problems let me know.

Thanks, super! Can you tell me when this next Views update will be released?

Hi Nigel,

Yesterday I ran into this problem again. It's been a while so I thought to bump this thread once more 🙂

Nigel
Supporter

Just a quick update to say that updates to the main Toolset plugins, including Views with some additional updates to the Beaver Builder integration, are intended to be published after the weekend when testing is completed.

Could you let me know if you still have problems after applying the latest updates?

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.