Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WP-Types: Ugrade 1.5.2 to 1.5.3: no png-image files are showing anymore!!!

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Srdjan 10 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Hi support team,

what a bad upgrade police form your side. In a productive customer installation i upgrade to types 1.5.3 an all png-image files are away in the views?!?!
With types 1.5.2 it was possible to show png-files via views templates and views in any theme location i customize it.
After you "Removed image exif_imagetype check" in this release i only see "image missing" placeholder instead of the previous images.

What is here the workaround, when wp-types 1.5.3 didn't working with views 1.3.1!

Dear Hans,

Can you find out if its a windows server? And if possible, find out if it has the GD extension installed.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Serviceteam,

i have clarified your questions:

1) Apache Webserver Linux based
2) GD-lib is active and installed

What is now your solution and workaround?

Dear Hans,
I sent you PM with Types dev version.
If you can - please test it to see if your issue is resolved?
Thank you.

Hi serivceteam,

sorry for my delay time to response to your proposal.

In the meantime it is very hard to say, but my issue is now in a very critical status.

I have updated to the newest version of views from v1.4.1 to v1.5 and types from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3!
Same issue as before: no pictures via views are showing!!!
Also your wp-types 1.5.4 Beta versions are not working – only the old wp-types 1.5.2 is working well ?!?!

What can we do? I need support for the new types versions!

Hi Supportteam,

now i have found out where the problem is located ...

If i want to show a "types field" with a picture as content and i use directly builded via a views it worked fine!
But if i want to show a "types field" with a picture as content and i use a view "content template" inside a views it doesn't show any picture ...

I have set up a new installed WordPress instance only with your WP-Toolset PlugIns ...

Dear Hansjoerg,

Could you confirm if is it solved already?

Hi Adriano,
no i couldn't confirm this support request.

I am very upset about the release policy of wp-toolset.
Since several weeks I have consume/lost a lot of unpaid time in customer projects on an error search after the update from 1.5.2 Types toi 1.5.2 ...

In 1.5.2 it was possible - without problems, to change the original images size in wp-toolset img-fields via views or views content templates with “width?? & “height?? properties inside views and views content templates very easiely. The special wp-toolset created & modified “xxxx_wpcf_xxxx.png?? image files were stored in the dedicated folder - where also the original image will be stored. It was possible to organize all image files under the default “wp media directory?? in an own folder structure & systematic.

Now in 1.5.3 this is no longer possible! Now the special for resizing from wp-toolset modified “xxxx-wpcf_xxxx.png?? file must be stored everytime in the default “wp media path??, also the original image file! Only then it works and shows the images in the side layout. Why is it changed, what are the reasons for this?

For customer projects with a lot of image material, it needs to reorganize all images to the default wp media folder - that means, for this overhead effort nobody wants to pay for it!!!

Can you please paste URLs of problematic images (or at least examples how they look like)
so we can determine what kind of paths are in question (are they in wp-upload paths,
are they in year/date structured paths or manually uploaded images).

Beta version I sent you should work fine with manually uploaded images too.

Thank you.

Dear Hansjoerg Jaeckel,

Really sorry about that. We are doing our best to resolve this one. We are waiting to hear you.

I have the same trouble((((

Hi daniilP,

thanks very much for your comment, it is really very helpful - no joke!
Why? In the last 4 weeks, sometime i had the personal feeling & impression: I'm the only idiot on this whole "wp-toolset planet" with such a specific problem ... 😉

I have setup a dedicated demonstration wordpress installation, to analyse the bug ... and i find it out!!!

Here is the result: when you change the "width" & "height" properties in the view & content template for an image-file that is not stored in the wp-default media folder,
the correct special from wp-toolset created file: "xxxxx-wpcf_xxxx.jpg/png" is create in the dedicated IMAGE location …

BUT the new created file is not readed by the wp-toolset framework inside the dedicated - not default wp media folder - and then not rendert in the layout of the website‼! The same is now happened, when you update from Types 1.5.2 to 1.5.3, in 1.5.2 a change of the file location & a new image size is well working, after the upgrade nothing is working and didn't shown in the rendering area of the wp-toolset framework …

This experience was very hard to understand & the reverse engineering was a realy time intensive & hard puzzle game:
"All is working fine in 1.5.3, if the image-files are stored in the default "wp-media folder" - also new image sizes are shown …"

Dear Hansjoerg,

I've talked with our Types developer. It's problem with upload dir and normalization file name. Types started using only date structured uploads directory, example: wp-content/uploads/2014/01

This change was made to make it work right with WPTotalCache plugin (CDN storage). There are some fixes in trunk for image storing.

So I've just opened a new item on our to do list to check this issue and fix in a next release. Thank you for your understanding.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Adriano, where can I download 1.5.2?
Or how long will we waiting for a next release?

Hi Adriano,

any timeline if have fixed this release issue?
I am waiting for an solution, it is important for me and my work ...

Best regards

Hansjoerg

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.