Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Wordfence causes issues with the styling of modal edit windows in Layouts

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
Capture2.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Hello,

I use Wordfence for all of my production websites, and I just discovered that there is a major conflict between Wordfence and the styles of all modal windows that open in Layouts.

This conflict causes the modal windows to be cut off, and save buttons are hidden.

I have included some screenshots, but I urge you to install both Wordfence, Layouts, and Views together to test for yourself.

I can't disable Wordfence, as this is my main security plugin. Is there a way for you to have these style issues resolved? It is very difficult to edit my website with this conflict.

There is a glitchy way of being able to temporarily make the modal window shift, so you can find a save button. You open Chrome web developer tools, and readjust the sidebar until the modal shifts.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Michael

I installed WordFence and tested editing a View within Layouts and experienced something similar, which doesn't occur when WordFence is deactivated.

I have escalated this to our developers for them to investigate why WordFence is interfering with the page layout in that way. We have had other reports of the same since the latest WordFence update.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Nigel,

Thanks for the update! I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

If it helps, it is the styles from "colorbox.css" that are being re-written. There might be more though.

Cheers!

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

To fix that conflict use the code below:

add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', function(){
	wp_dequeue_style('wordfence-colorbox-style');
}, 99);

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.