Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce views template – ultimate-box-product

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
WooCommerce views template - ultimate-box-product single product

Solution:

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-views-template/#post-1298423

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JamesS2731 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Template the WooCommerce single product pages

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes, yours.

Is there a similar example that we can see? I've just removed the Toolset template for reasons below.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Hi there,

I'm creating a new template for my product pages and need to keep one of the pages - hidden link - on the original single-product.php template as it's using it to create the drag and drop pick and mix plugin (WooCommerce Ultimate Box Product).

If I just let Toolset take over the woo template, this page hidden link stops displaying the pick and mix selection.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Kind regards
James

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I need to review why "WooCommerce Ultimate Box Product" function is not added with single product template using WooCommerce views?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok I checked and found that the plugin you are using "WooCommerce Ultimate Box Product" is having close integration with default Woocommerce plugin. The code that is responsible for the display of pick and mix selection is coming from the file:

plugins/ultimate-box-product/templates/content-single-product.php

If you will check the above file it's basically using custom hooks as well as woocommerce hooks.

Now, Woocmmerce views basically using the the_content() function to display the content. Hense its not possible to display the pick and mix selection as WooCommerce views and "WooCommerce Ultimate Box Product" plugins not compatible. Either you should use the normal WooCommerce template or you need to customize the WooCommerce template on your own.

Furthermore, I see you installed and activate the Layouts plugin if you want to use Layouts plugin, you need to create a Layout to display the single product. But if you deactivate the Layouts, it will use the_content() to display the product.

If you will check the file single-product.php at plugins/woocommerce-views/templates and review the code you will understand this better.

Here is the Doc that will help you to understand how Woocommerce Views works and how you can design the single product template:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

I should recommend you to go with the standard wooCoomerce product template in this case.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.