Skip Navigation

[Resolved] when updating

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Midway (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Agnes Bury 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Agnes Bury.

Author

presales question

I am using betheme and visual composer for site build, i wish to use custom post types and am considering toolset plugin combined with the paid version to work with views and templates.
please answer the following:

Is betheme, VC and toolset compatible?
what happens when I update or change my theme, do i lose my customization made with toolset?
do i need to use a childtheme?
if I purchase a basic license initially can i upgrade it to the agency or lifetime after I've decided its for me and am happy with it?
do you have a trial or refund period?

thanks

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Pacific/Midway (GMT-11:00)

Hi Darren,
this is Agnes Bury from the Toolset marketing team. My role is to handle pre-sales questions. Normally they are posted through this page
https://toolset.com/toolset-free-consultation/

but let me answer your questions in this thread.

"Is betheme, VC and toolset compatible?"
Toolset works with any theme. So far the only exception was the Toolset Layouts plugins but in a week or two we will releases Layouts 1.9 which can be used with any theme as well.

You can use VC with Toolset but I would recommend you to use Toolset Layouts instead.

"what happens when I update or change my theme, do i lose my customization made with toolset?"
No, you don't.

"do i need to use a childtheme?"
You may, but not necessarily.

"if I purchase a basic license initially can i upgrade it to the agency or lifetime after I've decided its for me and am happy with it?"
Yes, you can upgrade for the difference in the purchase price. You will be able to do this from your Toolset account.

"do you have a trial or refund period?"
Yes we have a refund policy that allows you to buy Toolset and test for 30 days without any risk:
wp-types.com/refund-policy/

I hope my answers help.

Hi Agnes
Thanks for your reply just a few more questions if you could answer.

What is the difference between licenses is it purely support and updates?
Website says use on multiple websites - even on a basic license?
how often are updates and how easy is it to update?
I've so far installed toolset type and created custom posts, I understood i could create custom fields or is this part of the paid upgrade?
what happens to a site/s code/ structure once built if i was to not renew annually? do it stay intact but would no longer have updates or support? i.e. does it break?

if i use toolset layout instead of VC - is it responsive?

Thanks

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Hi again, sure.

Q: What is the difference between licenses is it purely support and updates?
Website says use on multiple websites - even on a basic license?

A: With the Basic subscription you can use Toolset only for one site.
Where did you find this "Website says use on multiple websites"?

Q: how often are updates and how easy is it to update?
A: It is up to you if and when you update. We releases new versions once a month, sometimes every 2-3 month, it depend. You update Toolset plugin by clicking a button on your WP back-end.

Q: I've so far installed toolset type and created custom posts, I understood i could create custom fields or is this part of the paid upgrade?
A: You can create custom fields with the free version. But to display your custom fields on the front-end without PHP coding you need the paid upgrade.

Q: what happens to a site/s code/ structure once built if i was to not renew annually? do it stay intact but would no longer have updates or support? i.e. does it break?
A: It will continue working. Of course we cannot anticipate what happens if you upgrade WordPress and don't update Toolset.

Hi

Thanks for the clarification on those.
is the toolset layout/template responsive for mobiles/ tablets etc?
so

its mentions about multiple sites here: https://toolset.com/buy/

Currently i plan to use it on one site, but would like to possible upgrade to agency possibly lifetime if it works out well. I want to experiment with the post templates and layout but plan to use VC for the rest of the site. so would be looking to integrate it with VC builder.

Thanks
darren

Hi

I am interested in buying toolset license, however on watching the VC video i would like some advice. I already have a VC layout template within my theme I wish to use the section I wish to include the custom product view would be in a VC tabbed element. Is this possible?

is it possible to use any VC element to display the custom post type view content?
Is it possible to use VC to display the list of products?

thanks

Hi
i was hoping to get an answer to my questions as I need to proceed with the purchase if i'm to use toolset.
thanks

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Hi Darren,
I'm sorry for my late reply.

Normally I don't work on that support forum and that's why I missed your replies. I'm sorry.
Please check this doc to see what you can do with Toolset when used along with VC.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-vc/

Feel free to ask me pre-sales question in Toolset Free Consultation.
https://toolset.com/toolset-free-consultation/

If you have other questions about Toolset Types plugin, please create a new ticket on this forum and it be assign to a regular supporter.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.