Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When I add a widget with view, front-end display this characters ~tt below widge

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
selezione-problema.png

I am trying to: I add widget with view or layout.

I visited this URL: home

I expected to see: nothing

Instead, I got: ~tt below widget

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

1. Can you please provide step by step details that how you have created and added a View in a Layout and Widget (preferably with back-end screenshots)?

2. Can you please inspect the page and see ~tt is coming from which element?

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Innocenzo,

Thank you for your prompt response & providing the details. For some reason screenshots are missing your last reply, can you please kindly resend the attached screenshots?

And you have created this custom theme after modifying Twenty Fifteen theme?

Thank you

tt2.JPG
tt1.JPG

Hi,
I'm sorry for missing attached files in the other answer.
I think they aren't need anymore.

I inspect the file function.php of theme and find line code where they are put the characters "~tt" and where they are removed with str_replace function that you can see in attached file (I hope they don't miss).

So, I'd like know how I can hook the widget area in toolset layout. Is it possibile? I want delete those characters before the widget area is displayed in layout.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Innocenzo,

Thank you for getting back to us.

1. I am unable to reproduce this issue at my end with the Twenty Sixteen theme and latest version of Toolset Layouts plugin, it works fine when adding Widget areas and multiple widgets into Layout.

==== Please backup your database and website ===

2.. Could you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins and switching to the “Twenty Sixteen theme” to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? Please remember to use “Toolset Twenty Sixteen Integration plugin”.

It seems like Twenty Fifteen Integration plugin is causing this problem with latest Layouts plugin. Please test above and let us know with result and we will be happy to check further.

3. Also please kindly tell us that have you created this custom theme after modifying Twenty Fifteen theme or some other way?

Thank you

Hi Noman,
First of all I want inform you that I just resolved it.
I put this code in function.php of my custom child theme:

function my_edit_widget_func($params) {
	 $params[0]['after_widget']= str_replace('~tt', '', $params[0]['after_widget']);
    return $params;
}
add_filter('dynamic_sidebar_params', 'my_edit_widget_func');

I'm using a custom theme. I activated Twenty Fifteen only to do a test. Then I deactivate it.

The problem originated with my custom theme that I made with TemplateToaster. It uses a strange mode to keep the sidebar.
I hope all this will be useful for every users with same problem of custom theme made with TemplateToaster.

Now I know that the toolset support is very fast and effective.
A special thanks to you for your patience Noman.

Best Regards!

Noman
Supporter

Hello Innocenzo,

Great to hear that you are able to resolve it 🙂 Thank you for sharing the solution which will certainly help our community and also for your compliments, we are always happy to help you.

Have a great day, Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.