Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When creating tabs on a layout, if i select a tab it scrolls the page up.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I am trying to: create a tabbed form. tab 1 displays the map, tab 2 displays the form to send a message to the advertiser

Link to my site: hidden link

Instead, I got: When clicking the tabs the whole page scrolls up, and the new tab doesn't open.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

JS errors.png

Hi Mat,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I have checked the page, there are 2 JS errors in the browser console -- please see attached screenshot.

First one looks like due to WordPress / bootstrap JS is not loading in your site.
Second one is due to multiple maps of is added on same page, which you may try to remove.

Please try to solve these JS errors in your site and Layouts tabs will work fine then.
Thank you

2017-07-31 12_30_42-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png

I've addedd bootstrap to the child theme directory, so i know it is leading that correctly now, however i'm still getting the attached errors. I can't figure out why it is trying to load bootstrap remotely, or why it is complaining about having multiple map apis as i've removed the second map.

There are also a lot of violations and deprications which i don't understand either

Noman
Supporter

To further debug this issue I need to take a deeper look in your setup.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Link to the [Content Template with map, Layouts] Edit Screen. OR any other things related to this issue.

Thank you

I've taken a backup as requested.

The layout in question is here: hidden link

Noman
Supporter

1. Toolset Maps plugin was not properly installed in your site, I have re-installed Toolset Maps plugin. Now map is displaying properly.

2. I have also checked the theme and plugin conflict and have found that “Classifieds Locator” plugin conflicts with Toolset Maps plugin. Both plugins working together but only display an error in browser console when Classifieds Locator plugin is activated.

3. The other JS error is coming from divi theme:

- I have re-installed fresh copy of Divi theme.
- Deactivated all plugins.
- Checked homepage where no Toolset or any other thing is loading except Divi theme, but the error still appears in console hidden link -- however the tabs / cred form worked good stil when there was this error notice:

GET <em><u>hidden link</u></em> 

- When I activated Twenty Seventeen theme the above error goes away. As I found this JS file is only needed for translating error messages in the JS file I think so we may ignore this as the site functioning is still good or you may inquire more about it from Divi support. Looks like server is denying to load this file for some reason.

Further, I have checked Divi theme with Toolset plugins at my end and there was no such error in my test site. Thank you

I re-enabled all the relevant plugins and the tabs still worked, however, when i activate a completely vanilla child theme they stop working again. I'm not sure if this is toolset not liking child themes, or if this is a Divi problem? It seems unlikely to be a divi issue, as the tabs work with divi when the child theme is disabled?

Noman
Supporter

I am rechecking child theme in your site and will update your shortly, thank you

The password to the site has changed, so if you need the new one please can you open a private reply for me?

Noman
Supporter

Yes just saw it too. I have enabled private fields for your next reply. Please provide updated password.

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

After looking into this further, I found out that this issue is fixed in latest version of Layouts. I have updated all Toolset plugins to latest versions and now its working good with Divi Child theme:
hidden link

Please check and confirm it, thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.