Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When activated, 'visual' editor view is unavailable. Only html shows.

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Author
Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 12.30.01.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 12.29.37.png

I am trying to: edit page content, using custom wysiwyg content editors (advanced custom posts).

it is not possible to use the 'visual' content editor when Access is activated. It produces a javascript error when clicking on the visual tab, and the editor stays in html mode.

The javascript error introduced:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'canvas' of undefined
b.closeAllTags @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=utils,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-…:46
d @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-response,jquery…:692
(anonymous function) @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-response,jquery…:692
e @ wp-tinymce.php?c=1&ver=4310-20160418:3
m @ wp-tinymce.php?c=1&ver=4310-20160418:3

I'm guessing that access expects only one text editor area per page? Or it may be because the original page_content editor has been removed (we're only using advanced custom fields for all content editing, and not using the default wordpress editor - which is a setting in ACF, but also when defining custom post types)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I was able to reproduce the problem on a simple test installation that only has the Access and ACF plugins active.

I'm working just with Posts which I put under Access control.

I created a fields group, assigned to posts, which has 3 fields, each of which is of the type Wysiwyg Editor. I set the options to hide the content editor.

Now when I go to edit the default Hello World post, I can move back and forth between the Visual and Text tabs on the first content pane, but the others generate the same JavaScript error you reported.

I have escalated this as a compatibility issue to our developers and someone will report back to you when we have determined if a fix is possible or if there is a temporary workaround you can deploy in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience and for bringing it to our attention.

Hello Keith,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've worked on the issue and debugged it. It seems that there is a conflict between the code tht adds the access button in the editors and a jquery plugin (Jquery dialog) .

I've forwarded my findings and the debug results to the development team so that they check and decide which action could be taken.

Please wait and I will update you once I get any news.

Thanks.

Hello Keith,

Our development team has provided a fix for the issue.

Could you please follow this Errata page instructions: https://toolset.com/errata/access-triggers-error-using-acf-wysiwyg-fields/
and test if the issue is fixed?

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.